Serena Williams Beatdown Meltdown-Victim of Sexism

Look at those "coaching " numbers:

Coaching: 87 152

Women get called for coaching almost twice as often.

Sexist!

Lot of man-splaining going on during women's matches.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Here's some interesting sample data

1547654376575.png

"We watched 73 matches from the 2018 Grand Slam season in their entirety -- 100 sets of men's tennis and 100 sets of women's tennis. We tracked the number of times the rules were broken, as well as the number of times players were penalized for those infractions.

We could only see what the cameras captured, so we likely weren't able to catch every infraction; but the sample size gave us a strong indication of the rate of penalization for men and women."

Was Serena singled out in the US Open final? Here's what 73 matches told us

Reactions: NashVol11
Came here to post this. Completely counters the narrative and as V4S suggests, all those people who "know" women are more penalized.

Funny, I recall asking for data and no one provided it until now.

That data doesn't tell you anything if men misbehave more.

Reactions: NashVol11
Memorable comeback or great collapse? A closer look at Serena Williams' loss Down Under

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Serena Williams was one point from victory, one serve from setting up a semifinal rematch against 2018 US Open champion Naomi Osaka. The crowd inside Rod Laver Arena was beginning to thin, as Williams came back from a set and a break down against No. 7 Karolina Pliskova to take a seemingly insurmountable 5-1 lead in the third set. One point and the match was over.

Except it wasn't.

1548272369382.png

Memorable comeback or great collapse? A closer look at Serena's loss Down Under

Memorable comeback or great collapse? A closer look at Serena Williams' loss Down Under

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Serena Williams was one point from victory, one serve from setting up a semifinal rematch against 2018 US Open champion Naomi Osaka. The crowd inside Rod Laver Arena was beginning to thin, as Williams came back from a set and a break down against No. 7 Karolina Pliskova to take a seemingly insurmountable 5-1 lead in the third set. One point and the match was over.

Except it wasn't.

View attachment 190777

I couldn't believe this. I watched the highlights and was shocked. Then they talked to Serena and she just looked exhausted.

Except it wasn't.

View attachment 190777

Wow... she lost?

I literally stopped watching last night after she went up 5-1 in the 3rd set.

Oh well... after looking at her last night, she was built like a DE in that outfit. Not a six pack, but a keg on the belly. I figured she would catch her "L" against Naomi in the next round.

VN Store

Back