Caliya Robinson, Georgia
Anriel Howard, Mississippi State
Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State
Sophie Cunningham, Missouri
Alexis Jennings, South Carolina
Rennia Davis, Tennessee
Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M

Reactions: RollerVol
I believe both USCe and Miss St lost too much firepower. I believe it is the Lady Vols to lose. I understand the hesitation by some given the performances of the past three years or so but this team has talent in all the right places and the talent is deep. Let’s see if the needed improvements have been made and the hunger is present....

Reactions: ruvol and stllvf
I see us being in good shape BUT we need a player on the team to step up and be a true leader. God knows our head coach is lacking. She can assemble talent but can't motivate them when things are tough....

Looks about right to me, we have a lot of talent but unproven and there will be big growing pains in the post. Personally, I would have put us at 4th or 5th though our ceiling is certainly capable of winning the SEC.

Ogunbowale's two off balance shots in the final seconds of the two most important games of the year gave Notre Dame a national title. Their website defines them as Ice shots.
She demanded the ball, her teammates met her demand, she took the shots and she made both of them. Hopefully, the LVs will have player(s) with similar mentality.

So whoever finish the season with two players performing like All SEC 1st team performers, will probably win the SEC.

Rennia and who?

could be the best season in a while...fingers crossed...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of those is possible depending on player development and game situation coaching. Of course making layups will help.

I think Miss ST is the favorite. They were able to pick up that Texas A&M transfer and still have the big girl inside. The backup point guard from last season played just as much as the starter did. They now have depth in the post so I would choose them one. I think were two it is certainly based on potential and may blow up on me. I think were solid at every position if the players perform to their capabilities. SC and Georgia are interesting teams. Either could challenge for the title if they get the kind of guard play they need. Missouri has an outside shot at the title I picture more in the five or six spot. We have to avoid losing to anyone outside of this top five teams. No reason to lose to Bama, LSU, or Arkansas.
We play at Miss St, Home and Home with Missouri, at Georgia, home vs SC. So I can see about three no more than 4 SEC losses if we play to our potential.

I think the loss of Vivians will really hurt MSST this year. Yes they still have Big T , but who else ? Anriel Howard can rebound and put back thats about it . The guards will be unproven and im not seeing a scoring threat that can relief pressure off Big T down low while posting. MSST is not a clear cut # 1 seed in the SEC IMO .

I think the loss of Vivians will really hurt MSST this year. Yes they still have Big T , but who else ? Anriel Howard can rebound and put back thats about it . The guards will be unproven and im not seeing a scoring threat that can relief pressure off Big T down low while posting. MSST is not a clear cut # 1 seed in the SEC IMO .

I'm thinking along the same lines. I expect teams will play them like they have played against us when we had Mercedes. It will be a tough year unless they develop a reliable outside scoring threat.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I would love to see the team develop consistent scoring from the perimeter to compliment the inside game. I don't want one go to player. I want five go to players. We have been too one dimensional for the past few years and it is much easier to stop one or two players than it is to stop a team. Having scoring talent across the board forces defenses to play honest.

The best team will win the SEC not the best player. People seem to put MSST #1 because they will have the best player smh .

Reactions: SCspur
TN has the talent to win the SEC. I think State is team to be with us and USC second. Who on USC is good besides Harris?

Jennings, Herbert Harrigan, Cuevas Moore, Perry, and Cooper to name a few... not to mention our younger players Jackson, Grissett, Henderson, and Saxton has tons of potential as well.

Order of Finish
1. Mississippi State
2. South Carolina
3. Tennessee
4. Georgia
5. Missouri
6. Texas A&M
7. Kentucky
8. Auburn
9. LSU
10. Alabama
11. Arkansas
12. Florida
13. Vanderbilt
14. Ole Miss

Player of the Year

Preseason All-SEC
Caliya Robinson, Georgia
Anriel Howard, Mississippi State
Sophie Cunningham, Missouri
Alexis Jennings, South Carolina
Rennia Davis, Tennessee
Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M

Kentucky may finish lower then 7 now
Dorie Harrison Out Indefinitely for Personal Health Reasons

Dorie Harrison Out Indefinitely for Personal Health Reasons - University of Kentucky

VN Store

Back