Tier 3:
Mike Anderson (64% overall since sec)
Mike White (already elite 8)
Frank Martin (final 4)
Avery Johnson (coached nba finals)

Tier 4:
Billy Kennedy (meh)
Cuonzo Martin (vols @ georgetown)
Kermit Davis (we'll see how he does with the big boys)

Small sample size:
Will Wade
Bryce Drew

Reactions: sport3500
As things stand now, I'd put both RB and BP on Tier 1 alongside Crapilari*.

*History of cheating allegations that just won't go away.

I think Barnes is arguably the best actual coach in the SEC. I’d like to see him with the talent that schools like Kentucky and Duke get.

I think Barnes is arguably the best actual coach in the SEC. I’d like to see him with the talent that schools like Kentucky and Duke get.
Not trying to contradict, but he sorta did a few years at Texas. After last year I think his wheelhouse is a mix of 3s and 4s with a sprinkle of KYs and a dash of Dukes.

Not trying to contradict, but he sorta did a few years at Texas. After last year I think his wheelhouse is a mix of 3s and 4s with a sprinkle of KYs and a dash of Dukes.
You’re right. Durant was the only big name that really came to mind, but looking back at the nba talent in some of his classes. It’s crazy that he never won a championship. Seems odd that he’s doing more with less here.

You’re right. Durant was the only big name that really came to mind, but looking back at the nba talent in some of his classes. It’s crazy that he never won a championship. Seems odd that he’s doing more with less here.
I didn’t think it was going to work when he got here. But my 2 cents is it brought him back to his youth, so to speak. This is what he was doing at Providence and Clemson before he left.

Reactions: Simpson
I didn’t think it was going to work when he got here. But my 2 cents is it brought him back to his youth, so to speak. This is what he was doing at Providence and Clemson before he left.
We’re lucky he got a fire in him. I gotta believe he wants to win a championship before he’s done.

Possibly CRB's gift is fully developing potential over 2-4 years whereas some other coaches are better at quickly merging one and done type talent with a different group each season?
You could be right. I’m just looking forward to his chance at the merge.

VN Store

Back