Scalping Tickets

dbr25

Gonna try to pick up 4 at the game Saturday. Never done this before, always had tix in hand. Any tips? Gotta get 4 and don't want to pay a fortune. Thanks in advance

I do know a guy named Lee, he's in a wheel chair over next to worlds fair park on Cumberland. He's always been fair when we needed extra, he's normally 25 over face.

Gonna try to pick up 4 at the game Saturday. Never done this before, always had tix in hand. Any tips? Gotta get 4 and don't want to pay a fortune. Thanks in advance
You'll miss some of the pre game stuff but wait 30 minutes to an hour before kickoff.......they'll come off the price then

study your seat chart so you will know where they are and the closer to kickoff the cheaper. this used to be an expensive ticket on the street, dont know so much now. Good luck.

Avoid scalpers ( guys with signs that say "Will buy Your Tickets") Look for the average dude (or gal) just trying to unload a pair because someone can't make it. You will need to be on the West end of Cumberland or over the hill on 17th where people are coming in to get the "gate price" tickets from people just looking to unload. Since you are looking for 4 you may have to sit separately. Failing that and you have to go the scalper route remember its a supply and demand world. If you see lots of tickets for sale wait until just before kickoff. Ask for pricing and location. As someone suggested know the seating chart. If you identify the tickets you want hang close to that scalper and keep making your offer as it gets closer to kick-off. Based on my experience and it being Florida week you should be able to get a pair in the upper deck for gate. If you want lower level on the sides between the 20's think double gate or better. Other locations on a sliding scale. Good Hunting & GBO

I have purchased tickets on the street one minute after kickoff for as little as $10. Upper deck, but still in the game for cheap.

Just be sure and look at them before putting money in someone's hand. Sometimes, they'll try to place last yr tickets in your hand and run quickly when they get your money.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I have purchased tickets on the street one minute after kickoff for as little as $10. Upper deck, but still in the game for cheap.
LOL, I have picked up Bama tickets off the road that were better than the ones in my hand just after kickoff.

Reactions: VolDave53
Stubhub has a great buyer guarantee. SH punishes the sellers if they don't produce. You will at least get a full refund if they don't work at the gate or you never get them. They may even have to replace the tickets, which could cost the seller way above face if the game sells out and prices go up. So the seller is forced to follow thru and not rip folks off with fake or already scanned tickets.

I would buy them off SH before I would trust anyone off the street.

I bought section w off of the ticket office website. For face value last week. They arrived Saturday. I bought them Wednesday. Might be worth looking at.

Can’t go wrong with this game. Ticket office still has some, and they’ll be plenty on the street. Just avoid the guys with “I need tickets” signs in one hand and stacks of 6-8 in the other and you’re good.

It’s hard to trust anyone on the street. I had 2 extra to the North Carolina Bowl Game, sold them a gate price, dude gave me a fake $100 bill. I even gave him $20 change.

Yeah, I went to the Auburn game when I was in college, in Jordan Hare; both were ranked in the top six. I got in for $10, by holding out.

If u don’t mind missing kickoff, tickets go below face quick with the scalpers. They either sell or eat it. 4 together might be a little tough. Fla sent tix back including lower level, $155 a piece tho face value. (That’s insane btw)

Saw the best TN D of all time play Ga for $20, fastest I’ve ever seen. Year was 1998, UT and UGA were both top 10. Gameday and Goldberg were there.

I did this for the 2016 Tennessee Tech and Kentucky games and got lower deck seats cheaper than I could have on StubHub. However, I would advise reconsidering buying from scalpers for this particular game. I had a friend a couple of years ago try buying from scalpers for the Florida game, and the tickets he bought turned out to be fake. The bigger the game, the more likely it is that there will be people selling fake tickets. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if a ticket is fake / reproduced just by looking at it.

StubHub may be a bit more expensive than a scalper, but at least there is a 100% guarantee that the tickets aren't fake (even the immediate download tickets). The same guarantee is there if buying from the UT ticket office (you can do will call so there's not risk of the tickets not being shipped to your house prior to Saturday). Buying from scalpers for non-rivalry games is usually a safe bet, but it can be risky for rivalry games of this magnitude.

VN Store

Back