Riverdale (CW)

Anyone else watching?

Very foretelling ending to this weeks episode with the 1966 song Season of the Witch blaring as the show faded to black!

Whelp, Sabrina is coming but not to the CW!

Originally in development as a spinoff of the CW hit Riverdale.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been scooped up by Netflix and has ordered a two season (20 episode) commitment.

Sabrina will reimagine the character, in line with Riverdale's dark take on the Archie comics, as a more horror-infused coming-of-age tale that deals with the occult and witchcraft, influenced by the likes of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist. Sabrina will have to reconcile her dual nature as half-human, half-witch while fighting off evil forces that threaten her, her family, and the daylight world humans inhabit.

Even ahead of Riverdale's debut, showrunner and chief creative officer of Archie Comics Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa said he envisioned a larger world to come out of the Archie universe. "One of the nice things about me being a part of Archie Comics is having access to a library of 4,000 to 5,000 characters," he said. "Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Josie and the *****cats … those are characters who can very easily support their own show. But we [also] have superheroes. So in success, yes, the goal is to expand that way."

Aguirre-Sacasa will direct, and executive produce alongside Riverdale collaborators Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater and Lee Toland Krieger.

Reactions: 1 person
Over the weekend I finally watched the last 10 or so episodes of Season 2 off my DVR. This show is fantastic the twists and turns we finally got the reveal of the "Black Hood" at least the one from season 1.

For about a minute I really did think they beat a main character to death.

We need more of Archie's mom aka Molly Ringwald.

Veronica's dad is a horses rear end. I assume Archie being stupid playing with that knife/letter opener with all the finger prints is what set up the ending of the episode and set up for season 3.

We also need more Cheryl in that red archer costume = WoW.

I highly recommend this show if you aren't watching go back and watch from the beginning! It has an amazing cast the young actors are all great while surrounded by solid veteran actors like Mädchen Amick, Luke Perry, Mark Consuelos, Skeet Ulrich, Marisol Nichols and Robin Givens.

Over the weekend I finally watched the last 10 or so episodes of Season 2 off my DVR. This show is fantastic the twists and turns we finally got the reveal of the "Black Hood" at least the one from season 1.

For about a minute I really did think they beat a main character to death.

We need more of Archie's mom aka Molly Ringwald.

Veronica's dad is a horses rear end. I assume Archie being stupid playing with that knife/letter opener with all the finger prints is what set up the ending of the episode and set up for season 3.

We also need more Cheryl in that red archer costume = WoW.

I highly recommend this show if you aren't watching go back and watch from the beginning! It has an amazing cast the young actors are all great while surrounded by solid veteran actors like Mädchen Amick, Luke Perry, Mark Consuelos, Skeet Ulrich, Marisol Nichols and Robin Givens.
I watched the first season on Netflix, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Reactions: 1 person
Cast News:

"Gina Gershon has been cast as Gladys Jones the mother of Jughead (Cole Sprouse) and newcomer Trinity Rose Likins has been cast to play the often mentioned but still yet to be seen "Jellybean" JB Jones Jughead's litte sister."

Since its early days Riverdale has managed to get an extraordinary list of guest stars to join the show not to mention its original cast with names like Luke Perry, Skeet Ulrich and Mädchen Amick but has since got Mark Consuelos, Robin Givens and Molly Ringwald they now add Gina Gershon to that list.

Last edited:
The first season was fantastic. The second was hot garbage. The consensus is that the writers struggled with having a full season as opposed to the 12 for the first. Hopefully they can do a better job in season 3.

Just finished the first two episodes of the new season and wow they are going in some weird directions but its fantastic. IMO

I love the way they make this show. One minute it's like present day the next you think your watching a period piece set in the 50's or 60's.

Over the last week or so I finally binged the last 10-12 episodes of the season. I was surprised that they didn't address Luke Perry's character they only made the statement that he was away. They brought Molly Ringwald back for the last three episodes will be interesting if she becomes a series regular this season.

VN Store

Back