Rise of The Ronin (PS5) March 22nd, 2024

I'm already looking forward to this. I've heard about character customization the choices you can make ,and the similarities to this and Ghost of Tsushima have already got me sold on this.

The attention to detail is just unreal. This is another game that is living proof that 2024 is going to be a good year for gaming.

I was so excited for this game after seeing the recent trailers. They really oversold on the trailers. Gameplay is coming out now and it is really underwhelming. Ghost of Tsushima blows it out of the water visually. Missions seem really fetchy. Conversations feel really stiff and akward. Horse animation is clunky. I could go on. Ugh.

Edit to add: I think this game is suffering from being released after other games of the same origin/mechanics recently. Open world samurai game, GoT did it extremely well recently. Combat is team Ninjas strength, Sekiro and GoT did it extremely well not long ago. Oh, you have a grappling hook. What game recently doesn’t?

Last edited:
I was so excited for this game after seeing the recent trailers. They really oversold on the trailers. Gameplay is coming out now and it is really underwhelming. Ghost of Tsushima blows it out of the water visually. Missions seem really fetchy. Conversations feel really stiff and akward. Horse animation is clunky. I could go on. Ugh.

Edit to add: I think this game is suffering from being released after other games of the same origin/mechanics recently. Open world samurai game, GoT did it extremely well recently. Combat is team Ninjas strength, Sekiro and GoT did it extremely well not long ago. Oh, you have a grappling hook. What game recently doesn’t?
If so, it's probably for the best with me. I forgot about Dragons Dogma 2 coming out the same day. This isn't a bad thing(more of a 1st world problem),but there's a lot coming out and little time to play everything.

Ah,the joy of getting older lol...

Last edited:
If so, it's probably for the best with me. I forgot about Dragons Dogma 2 coming out the same day. This isn't a bad thing(more of a 1st world problem),but there's a lot coming out and little time to play everything.

Ah,the joy of getting older lol...
Yeah Dragons Dogma flew under the radar for me. I saw that it was coming out and got super interested. Looks great, and I have seen some incredible character creations from the demo.

Reactions: Pennheel
I bought this. Really enjoy it. It’s sekiro mixed with Ghost of Tsushima but I’ll warn it doesn’t do either better than the original. Worth a purchase if you like samurai games, though

VN Store

Back