RIP Carl Weathers

Continued role on the Mandalorian.

You know, what I always thought made Carl Weather's portrayal of Apollo Creed so cool was how he made the character so much more than just a mindless puncher. Apollo was smart. He was articulate. He carried himself with class as a professional, always wearing a 3-piece suit and carrying a briefcase. More of a businessman than a jock. That was never lost on me, even as a young child. And even though Apollo was the antagonist in the first 2 films, you couldn't help but respect and admire the guy.

You know, what I always thought made Carl Weather's portrayal of Apollo Creed so cool was how he made the character so much more than just a mindless puncher. Apollo was smart. He was articulate. He carried himself with class as a professional, always wearing a 3-piece suit and carrying a briefcase. More of a businessman than a jock. That was never lost on me, even as a young child. And even though Apollo was the antagonist in the first 2 films, you couldn't help but respect and admire the guy.
He played that part very well.

76 isn’t young
C-dIHrBV0AArj4a.jpg

76 isn’t young
It's not but it's also relative to the person. Despite his age, Carl Weathers still seemed extremely spry and youthful! I mean, he wasn't going around acting like Joe Biden! He certainly didn't seem like somebody standing at death's doorstep!

I was similarly shocked at Jeff Beck's death for the same reason! He was 78 but he was in great shape for his age, still very active, still very youthful!

Reactions: Pennheel
It's not but it's also relative to the person. Despite his age, Carl Weathers still seemed extremely spry and youthful! I mean, he wasn't going around acting like Joe Biden! He certainly didn't seem like somebody standing at death's doorstep!

I was similarly shocked at Jeff Beck's death for the same reason! He was 78 but he was in great shape for his age, still very active, still very youthful!
💉

VN Store

Back