Remember the Alabama game last year on 10/15?

Savannahbayvol

4 days later the Denver Nuggets played their first regular season game. Last nite they clinched their first NBA Title. How in the world can you stay interested in an 8 month season? And how in the world can you afford to be a season ticket holder plus the playoffs?

4 days later the Denver Nuggets played their first regular season game. Last nite they clinched their first NBA Title. How in the world can you stay interested in an 8 month season? And how in the world can you afford to be a season ticket holder plus the playoffs?
NBA season is way too long and so is the MLB.

NBA season is way too long and so is the MLB.
AGREE !!!
Friend of mine is from Cleveland and is an Indians fan...YES, he still calls them the INDIANS !!!...anyhow, he went to their opening game a few years back and had to wear a heavy coat because it was snowing.
That was the same year they made the World Series (1997, iirc) and recorded the coldest World Series game ever.
Why are we playing baseball with snow on the ground ???

Reactions: Voldog1998
AGREE !!!
Friend of mine is from Cleveland and is an Indians fan...YES, he still calls them the INDIANS !!!...anyhow, he went to their opening game a few years back and had to wear a heavy coat because it was snowing.
That was the same year they made the World Series (1997, iirc) and recorded the coldest World Series game ever.
Why are we playing baseball with snow on the ground ???
I’ve said the same thing for years now why are we still playing baseball into early November. It should end in late August early September. Baseball is a summer sport.

Reactions: onevol74
More than 50% of the NBA teams play in the playoffs. If you count the play in teams it's 66% of the league in the playoffs.

They started April 15th and just finished. Lol. 2 months of playoffs.

I'm an NBA hard-o and the regular season is there at my convenience. I'm not checking scores every day. I'm not watching every day. I don't watch much until the NFL season is over, and even then, I'm not watching half the national games because stars are sitting.

It's still really fun tho, and the playoffs are awesome as long as the series are good. IDC that it's 16 teams and 2 months. I'm sad when it's over (or in this case, when the ECF ended). I can't remember the last time I watched this little of the finals. Probably when I was in college 2 decades ago.

I’ve said the same thing for years now why are we still playing baseball into early November. It should end in late August early September. Baseball is a summer sport.

Judging by attendance (last time I looked), they need to shorten the baseball season.

The idea that 82 and 162 are some sort of magic number (for competitive reasons and profitability) is asinine. In behavioral economics they demonstrate that bias towards the default is super strong, and these are clear cases. If more games = more money, why not 200 games? The owners are fkn idiots.

The NCAA tourney makes more TV $ than the entire NBA regular season. What does that tell anybody?

I'm an NBA hard-o and the regular season is there at my convenience. I'm not checking scores every day. I'm not watching every day. I don't watch much until the NFL season is over, and even then, I'm not watching half the national games because stars are sitting.

It's still really fun tho, and the playoffs are awesome as long as the series are good. IDC that it's 16 teams and 2 months. I'm sad when it's over (or in this case, when the ECF ended). I can't remember the last time I watched this little of the finals. Probably when I was in college 2 decades ago.

That’s because you hate Jokić

Reactions: n_huffhines
That’s because you hate Jokić

I didn't have to watch to see a gentleman's sweep from a mile away. I have watched so much Jokic over the years. It's still fun but life is just busier these days, and it's harder to make time for a terrible finals. I was traveling last night.

Just saw the Braves highlights in Detroit. The Braves travel well and it looks like 3,000 people might be there. Wtf

Memphis Grizzlies season ticket holder here. If you put some of your weekend tickets or games against Lakers/Warriors on resale market, you can recoup most of your cost...

I made enough money selling My G1 playoff tickets to fully pay for G2 and G5 this year...

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back