Regardless of your thoughts on Pruitt, this is pretty impressive

Hard to believe it was took Saban 44 games to get a win over a ranked opponent. That had to be the road games being favorable for LSU.
Edit: nevermind, Toledo and Michigan St. I was reading as being just their SEC record. That's not the case.

Last edited:
Nice, but also not a particularly great predictor of success historically.

That said, what makes me more optimistic is that we've seen gradual improvement every single game this year (with possible exception of that 1st half versus Florida). So long as we continue to see that, I'm pretty happy. I'm not expecting any miracles against Bama, but we'll see what we got over the last half of the SEC slate. South Carolina and Mizzou are going to be key.

Hard to believe it was took Saban 44 games to get a win over a ranked opponent. That had to be the road games being favorable for LSU.
Edit: nevermind, Toledo and Michigan St. I was reading as being just their SEC record. That's not the case.
Saban beat 7th rank Michigan his first year at MSU?

Nice, but also not a particularly great predictor of success historically.

That said, what makes me more optimistic is that we've seen gradual improvement every single game this year (with possible exception of that 1st half versus Florida). So long as we continue to see that, I'm pretty happy. I'm not expecting any miracles against Bama, but we'll see what we got over the last half of the SEC slate. South Carolina and Mizzou are going to be key.

I agree it doesn't predict anything. I just think that its impressive given how bad we have been on the road against ranked opponents.

Reactions: volncleveland
This reminds me of baseball stats.. Mr Jo Blow has an ERA of .01 on every 2nd Wednesday of August when the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the meat.

You can make a stat that supports any decision. That said, I do like Pruitt and I do think he’s on the right track. However, this stat is meaningless

Reactions: tbones0711
I think JP will make a great coach for us. I also think this also shows that we do have talent on this team, it just hasn't been utilized properly until Sat. Our WR's are first rate as well as our defensive front 4-6 players. If Helton will continue to open it up, we could go bowling.

Some people just love the misery. They can't help it really.
EDIT: Too early for me to be that dark :D

Last edited:
Reactions: gisman

VN Store

Back