'18 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pre-Game/Game Thread

The tension is finally coming because some players are starting to step up as leaders. Other soft players don’t like it and will never change. It makes it hard to win but SC is not as good as Auburn but it took plus three in the turnover department to win. We need that again. Protect the ball and turn them over. We should’ve had two turnovers against Bama but Warrior dropped an interception. This D does create turnovers and we just need the O to not allow the same. That is the formula for this team to win and can happen with Bentley at QB. Game will more than likely be closer than what I predicted but SC is not a good football team and is why they have basically the same record as we do and would have if they had played Bama last week. Bye week does help them and that is my main concern.
I agree but unfortunately, we have to play some of those players that Pruitt doesn't see as "doing the right things". I don't pretend to know the percentages but it seems to me more are not doing the right things as opposed to those doing the right things. This tells me there is division in the locker room that only attrition and recruiting can fix. Hopefully more will get with the program.

Also, I think the frustration is starting to show through with coach Pruitt. This is uncharted waters for him and he's struggling with how to handle it. He's started throwing players under the bus, not by name but as a group. Some will be motivated by it, some will check out. I don't think he had an understanding of how screwed up this roster is/was when he took the job.

I agree but unfortunately, we have to play some of those players that Pruitt doesn't see as "doing the right things". I don't pretend to know the percentages but it seems to me more are not doing the right things as opposed to those doing the right things. This tells me there is division in the locker room that only attrition and recruiting can fix. Hopefully more will get with the program.

Also, I think the frustration is starting to show through with coach Pruitt. This is uncharted waters for him and he's struggling with how to handle it. He's started throwing players under the bus, not by name but as a group. Some will be motivated by it, some will check out. I don't think he had an understanding of how screwed up this roster is/was when he took the job.

I think you are selling him short. I guarantee he knew what this roster was when he took the job. He is using a motivation tactic that if we know Pruitt and his mindset was destined to come out after this brutal run of the schedule. He is questioning a lot of the team's manhood and grit and as well he should. They will come out fired up on Saturday, I don't know if that means a win but they will.

I think you are selling him short. I guarantee he knew what this roster was when he took the job. He is using a motivation tactic that if we know Pruitt and his mindset was destined to come out after this brutal run of the schedule. He is questioning a lot of the team's manhood and grit and as well he should. They will come out fired up on Saturday, I don't know if that means a win but they will.
You could be right but at this point I'm not sure challenging their manhood is goi g to do much. He's challenged their manhood all season and I think at this point he's pizzing in the wind.

I don't think he knew how bad it was, not from a physical standpoint but from a mental, culture standpoint. We had a few Tarzans and many of them were transgender Janes.

Reactions: Smokeytom
I could easily see this game going either way, but home-field advantage and coming off the bye week are big for SC. Those are the deciding factors for me in this pick.

Fighting Chickens - 31

Vols - 24

Last edited:
You could be right but at this point I'm not sure challenging their manhood is goi g to do much. He's challenged their manhood all season and I think at this point he's pizzing in the wind.

I don't think he knew how bad it was, not from a physical standpoint but from a mental, culture standpoint. We had a few Tarzana and many of them were transgender Janes.

I think he knew, he watched this team last year and he has seen more film that Siskel and Ebert. Basically he is at the point where he has drawn a line in the sand, play my way or next year play somewhere else. He said he has some guys that bought in last week in a brutal game. I am hoping there are more Saturday and if they win, coupled with the Auburn game they can earn all earn the moniker

263713485_7d8235aa-00ae-4a8e-a482-2700aebe71ba.jpg

I think he knew, he watched this team last year and he has seen more film that Siskel and Ebert. Basically he is at the point where he has drawn a line in the sand, play my way or next year play somewhere else. He said he has some guys that bought in last week in a brutal game. I am hoping there are more Saturday and if they win, coupled with the Auburn game they can earn all earn the moniker

263713485_7d8235aa-00ae-4a8e-a482-2700aebe71ba.jpg
Many times film doesn't depict what's the culture and mental make-up of the team. Also, I think a coach like Pruitt comes in thinking he can change the culture quickly and sometimes it's more difficult than that..... old habits die hard. I think it was very telling when he told the sideline reporter when asked what needed to happen and he replied 25 new players. I think he's given up on SOME of the players ever buying in.

Last edited:
Many times film doesn't what's the culture and mental make-up of the team. Also, I think a coach like Pruitt comes in thinking he can change the culture quickly and sometimes it's ore difficult than that..... old habits die hard. I think it was very telling when he told the sideline reporter when asked what needed to happen and he replied 25 new players. I think he's given up on SOME of the players ever buying in.

I know I already had and the transfers are coming. Heard about it several weeks ago.

Many times film doesn't what's the culture and mental make-up of the team. Also, I think a coach like Pruitt comes in thinking he can change the culture quickly and sometimes it's ore difficult than that..... old habits die hard. I think it was very telling when he told the sideline reporter when asked what needed to happen and he replied 25 new players. I think he's given up on SOME of the players ever buying in.

He's used to guys who are motivated and bring it. UT has guys who aren't going to get to the level he demands. Some can't, some won't and some don't want to. He's given them every opportunity. When you work at it hours a day, six days a week, for three months and some guys still aren't getting it, continuing to invest in them seems questionable. We'll have transfers-- and some will be encouraged to look elsewhere.

He's used to guys who are motivated and bring it. UT has guys who aren't going to get to the level he demands. Some can't, some won't and some don't want to. He's given them every opportunity. When you work at it hours a day, six days a week, for three months and some guys still aren't getting it, continuing to invest in them seems questionable. We'll have transfers-- and some will be encouraged to look elsewhere.
Yep. Cultural changes are hard.

This game is all about our defense and our coaching staff IMO. Coaches found a couple guys who can play G on the O-line, as long as they let them play instead of who they have used more. Same at QB - this decision is key regardless of who they choose. Coaches have to be willing to make the change if the starter is not getting it done. Taylor/Thompson are capable of handling their two playmakers at WR with better work from the safeties, if the coaches scheme the D to put pressure on the QB. Bituli being inside for the whole game at LB combined with a rotation of Kirkland, Ignont and Sapp should be enough to handle their run game as I believe our D-line can stalemate their O-line. That makes this a TO game and USCe is not all that good at QB.

The two OC's in this game are inexperienced and have tendencies to be very conservative. The reaction of our roster to being embarrassed at home against Bama should be enough motivation to prove their manhood and play harder. At first blush this appears to be an even game with the edge going to USCe for having a week off to heal and being at home. To counter that the Vols have more talent if the coaches properly utilize it. The entire roster knows they can go on the road in a hostile SEC environment and win. They will be anxious to prove it was not a fluke. I want to believe our coaches are better than USCe and they will play the right players while being aggressive with play calls on both sides of the ball. Glass half full...

Vols 30
Cocks 24

Tough one to pick. I think the homefield at night is the difference, unfortunately.

SC 30

Tennessee 26

I don't think he knew how bad it was, not from a physical standpoint but from a mental, culture standpoint. We had a few Tarzans and many of them were transgender Janes.
Liked for the “transgender Janes”

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Not scared of South Carolina. Don’t think either offense will do much in this game, but I think we force more turnovers, and connect with Jennings/Callaway/Palmer on another big play. Vols win in a close one, but one where we actually obtain an early lead and hold onto it.

UT - 20
SC - 16

as has been the case all season, need good things to happen early.

the slow to dreadful starts just put us behind the 8 ball. either need to force a punt or get a score to open the game no matter what the result of the coin toss is.

tired of being in a hole before the game gets started. set the tone early, and keep it there all game long.

I can’t remember where I saw it but think someone said teams are 7-1 after playing Bama this year.

Alabama opponents the week after:

W Louisville - Indiana State
W Arkansas St. - Tulsa
W Ole Miss - Kent State
W A&M - Arkansas
W Lafayette - Texas State
L Arkansas - Ole Miss
W Missouri - Memphis

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back