Recruiting Forum: Official ETSU Pre-Game/Game Thread

Here is a good idea..put me on ignore and quit attacking me. That way I will not bother your sensitive wittle feewins. I thought we should should come out and look reasonably competent today, but instead came out looking like a potato that got stepped on by a elephant. There is absolutely no...ZERO..excuse for that against this little bitty team of nostars. Excuse me for not just blowing that little negative fact off because they got a little fire stoked under their asses for a few minutes.

I am pissed about that, and blowing off steam, and if you don't like it..ignore me.

We won 59-3 by the end of the day. Not 28-0. Start was horrible but the ending wasn’t. I hoped for 55-0. Focus on just the bad beginning or the end result is your choice. Still think we win 7 and can beat Florida, SC, and Kentucky. Will not beat Georgia , Bama or Auburn.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I liked a lot of what I saw execution wise after the 1 St qtr.

I think Pruitt was making a point with how this game was called.

And a bunch of kids got needed reps.

But the 1st qtr did happen and is why I will have pause regarding the rest of the season. The o line has to get a lot better.... Fast

I am going to yell every time we score. You and invol who liked the post, are being ridiculous. I am ashamed at your snooty fandom comments about others cheering for the Vols. That is embarrassing.

I will always yell after we score and will whoop after every good play! It matters no matter who we play!

I am going to yell every time we score. You and invol who liked the post, are being ridiculous. I am ashamed at your snooty fandom comments about others cheering for the Vols. That is embarrassing.

I will always yell after we score and will whoop after every good play! It matters no matter who we play!
1536513687231.gif

Last edited:
I'd like to see Chryst start next week. No I'm not calling for a QB battle. I just want to see what's he can do with more than 3/3 throws
Gott admit I’m interested to see how different the offense would look with Chryst running things.

Still, I’m not sure pulling JG right now is the best idea. Hopefully the offense can just put up enough points next week to give Chryst the second half.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
My reply was based on the statement from Ashevolle. Good throw? Sure. Receiver wide open? Yes. In stride? Not exactly. Quick decision? He already had his mind made up that he was going to throw that ball to murphy whether he was open or not. He saw no one else on the field.

My statement was solely based of his assessment of how "great" Chryst threw the ball.
Watch it again, it was a good throw.

Read my response above. My lord.

Tennessee vs. The Keys:

1. Develop OL Chemistry: The first quarter began alarmingly with the OL allowing ETSU to crash hard into the backfield. In the first quarter, we had only the equivalent of negative jack squat to show for our efforts. They improved as the game went, but against ETSU, you would hope for a more dominant performance.

2. Play Like You Practice: There were less fundamental mistakes being made this week, with the Vols performing more in line with what they should be showing on the practice field daily.

3. Let the Freshmen and Sophomores play... A LOT!:
Check. Huge step forward for Bryce Thompson. Jeremy Banks gave Vol fans a look at his raw emotional play, bringing up images of Jauan Jennings in his element. We continued to play some veterans who didn't look too hot against WV, and for the most part, they looked very much the same. The DL did not gather a lot of stat sheet numbers, but they were extremely active, especially Phillips, Gooden and Tuttle.

4. Open the offense a bit more. Improve on 1st downs: The Vols took some shots down field, and landed a couple of long balls, which is good. We performed better on 1st downs, but there is still room for improvement. Good effort overall.

Prediction: Fundamental football. Nothing fancy... maybe not even a blitz. Pruitt will treat this as a glorified scrimmage working on fundamentals and testing different players to see how they respond in a game atmosphere. The numbers Tennessee puts up in any category are completely irrelevant to how this is used to prepare this team for future games. They lack confidence, and the next two weeks are going to help build that, while ironing out some of the wrinkles in our developing schemes. How aggressive will Tennessee be in scoring/mercy? No clue.

Post-Prediction:
I'd say Tennessee performed as expected. The turnovers and blocked punt were great highlights. Otherwise, they kept things simple and did what was neccessary. Pruitt did not run the score up on offense, but the INT's and blocked punt drove the score up. Chryst did get a pile on TD near the end, but he needs some throws, so fair game.

VN Store

Back