Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what is happening to my fandom but I am not worked up over this game this year. I see it as very similar to our home games with Kentucky and Mizzou. Winnable and could go either way, and should be a lot of fun to watch. Hate the Gators but I’m just not scared of them anymore.

I personally think we get it done. I think the home atmosphere pushes our boys over the top.

That sounds like quiet confidence to me, my friend.

Reactions: SugarCC
I really do. That defense is loaded and Fitzgerald is better than people give him credit for.

Food for thought. Maybe I will just leave that game alone. I just saw that big spread, saw KY at home and figured they could ride the florida momentum to keep it close.

Except hue Jackson is the HC lol. I told a buddy last night that Hue always has this " WTF do we do" face and Bowles(jets coach) always has this 💩 Eating grin on his face like he farted and nobody knows it was him.
Chief be like

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
The stadium physically shook when Wilhoit hit the 50 yard FG to beat Florida in 2004. I fell a few rows forward from my seats in FF as a young freshman at UT.
There is no way that wasn't the loudest moment in the history of the stadium. Night game, Florida, massive game winning kick, attendance record...

There is no way that wasn't the loudest moment in the history of the stadium. Night game, Florida, massive game winning kick, attendance record...

That was the first year I started going to UT games, and it is the loudest I've ever heard Neyland (louder than Oklahoma 2015, Florida 2016). it was also the largest ever crowd in the history of Neyland Stadium.

I saw where the Hamilton kid from Memphis was visiting this weekend. Didn't the staff want him as a DE/OLB but he wanted to stay on offense? Maybe he would be next on the list with Bogle out as a pure pass rusher. Anyone with any insight on Hamilton visiting?

Hope I am wrong but I think this game is going to be decided by offensive coaching in the 4th qt. Florida has a big edge in that department so I think we lose a close one.

23-17 gators is my pick

I’m spoiled because we stay with my wife’s family when going to games in Knoxville, but the few times we have gotten a room it’s usually somewhere close but cheap like Crossville.

Staying in Montgomery for the Auburn game for same reason.

Hope I am wrong but I think this game is going to be decided by offensive coaching in the 4th qt. Florida has a big edge in that department so I think we lose a close one.

23-17 gators is my pick

By the same token, won't it also come down to defensive coaching in the 4th quarter? And we seemingly have the big edge in that department.

I was like that earlier in the week, but now I am going the other way. The tension is building. I think its the lose this game and we are guaranteed a 5-7 campaign, at best. But then again, if we don't go bowling, it's ok, we are transition year.
If we lose this game, 4-8 is more than a little possible IMO. I don't want to say it is likely..but..

Then again if those teams lose a few pieces and we can stay healthy for once we could sweep them..

I think winning this game would be huge for this teams confidence remaining higher through the gauntlet. It will take a pounding the next few weeks as it is.

In my opinion it was the loudest Neyland has ever been. Having been present at most all UF home games and the 2015 OU game, 2004 UF win was still on another level. I remember staying in the student section for a good 30 minutes or more post game just celebrating and singing Rocky Top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back