Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the change in blocking scheme is going to help out the Oline tremendously this year.

Matthews made a good point a few weeks ago that teams with good rushing attacks often have good rush defenses because they go against it in practice all the time. Maybe that will be the fee for us

Nope. If KC is even 1% better than JG, you play him.

Best guy plays.
Bullcrap..for one thing there is no tangible way to say a guy is 1% better.

The main thing is that if KC gets the nod despite not being really any better than JG..He will leave, and those crappy plan C and D you talked about, or a true freshman (blech)..will be all that is left next year.

If that happens it sure as hell better be because he lit it up, not just because he is the check down king.

52%

The main thing is that if KC gets the nod despite not being really any better than JG..He will leave, and those crappy plan C and D you talked about, or a true freshman (blech)..will be all that is left next year.

If that happens it sure as hell better be because he lit it up, not just because he is the check down king.

52%

Butch Jones would play the worse guy for political reasons. Don’t be like Butch Jones.

If JG can’t beat out KC (who you said is a “hack”), he ain’t ever gonna be anything here anyways.

I heard Doug Matthews this morning. I agree with him that the starting lineup vs. UF will be much different than vs WVU. A bunch of young players will be starting by then, and JJ and Kirkland will be back at full strength (I hope).

Butch Jones would play the worse guy for political reasons. Don’t be like Butch Jones.

If JG can’t beat out KC (who you said is a “hack”), he ain’t ever gonna be anything here anyways.
Butch would promise to play them both and bungle it that way.

If things are that close, there are a number of things that will go into deciding who starts. Matchups, supporting cast and strengths of the offense, how good the defense is and how aggressive they can allow our offense to be, etc.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The media guys get about 5 minutes, and the coaches script that to control what they see and report. It's basically closing practices without technically closing them.
The way they went through the stretching session the other day has me a little worried. This may be a 5 win team, I'm afraid to say.

Political reasons? What in the hell are you talking about? That is not politics, it is just good common sense.

It looks to me like Helton brought KC in because of obvious preconceived notions, and have been looking for any little excuse to give him the nod...That is political.

52%

Last edited:

Also..I should have never used the word "Hack"..I apologized for that. I do however believe it is stretching it to call him mediocre. He had been worse than that at times.

52%

Butch would promise to play them both and bungle it that way.

If things are that close, there are a number of things that will go into deciding who starts. Matchups, supporting cast and strengths of the offense, how good the defense is and how aggressive they can allow our offense to be, etc.
I agree.

I expect this offense to be a run heavy, play action pass team. I don't necessarily think that the better skill set at qb will win the job. I think it will be which qb has the better grasp of the offense and which qb can manage it better. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see KC start the game. I think they'll want to take time off the clock and limit the opposing team's possessions. Try to make it a four quarter game and may the tougher team win. I think Pruitt wants his team to be the toughest.

Hell, last year wasn’t even the floor. Should’ve lost to UMass and GT.

It’s just funny that the floor can’t be real because it’s bad. Well... that’s kinda the point.

It doesn’t mean that I’m predicting the floor - and no one else here is. But bare minimum - everything goes to **** and we don’t know if Pruitt is worth a damn - is 4 wins and it has to be considered as a possibility.

We’ve had this discussion before. We had way more talent than GT and UMass. Talent wasn’t the issue, development was. We had a 4 win season because of development and still could have won 2-3 more games. Historically, the talent at UT gets you at least 5 wins a year. We have had some bad years and still beat UK and Vandy.

It looks to me like Helton brought KC in because of obvious preconceived notions, and have been looking for any little excuse to give him the nod...That is political.

This isn’t a fair take at all with concerns to Helton. We’ve got no idea what he’s thinking about each QB, how much the decision will come down to his preference or Pruitt’s, what that preference really is, what he’s thinking long term at QB, or what each guy has been doing when the media isn’t around to build his confidence.

We should let things play out before we judge how he’s handled this QB competition.

I expect this offense to be a run heavy, play action pass team. I don't necessarily think that the better skill set at qb will win the job. I think it will be which qb has the better grasp of the offense and which qb can manage it better. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see KC start the game. I think they'll want to take time off the clock and limit the opposing team's possessions. Try to make it a four quarter game and may the tougher team win. I think Pruitt wants his team to be the toughest.
Exactly what I believe

This isn’t a fair take at all with concerns to Helton. We’ve got no idea what he’s thinking about each QB, how much the decision will come down to his preference or Pruitt’s, what that preference really is, what he’s thinking long term at QB, or what each guy has been doing when the media isn’t around to build his confidence.

We should let things play out before we judge how he’s handled this QB competition.
You're right. It is just that the thought of watching teams loading the box, shutting down the run, and KC throwing 5 yard out worm killers on 3rd and seven sickens me

We’ve had this discussion before. We had way more talent than GT and UMass. Talent wasn’t the issue, development was. We had a 4 win season because of development and still could have won 2-3 more games. Historically, the talent at UT gets you at least 5 wins a year. We have had some bad years and still beat UK and Vandy.

This and I'll never be convinced the team didn't flat out quit on Jones early in the season.

Also..I should have never used the word "Hack"..I apologized for that. I do however believe it is stretching it to call him mediocre. He had been worse than that at times.

52%

Yet JG still can’t beat out the worse than mediocre hack?

Yikes. Hopefully Shrout or Maurer are ready to go next year

Reactions: Rishvol

52%

We will have a redshirt freshman next year. I am not worried about next year. Play to win this year, and everything will fall into place. If you beat one of Auburn, Florida, or South Carolina, recruiting will be rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back