Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Richmond is soft. At least that's how he's played up until this point. Not sure he's a player that'll mix well with this staff tbh. If he's at LT we have problems IMO.
I just don't see this staff playing Richmond if he is soft or does not do good. They have. Options and are not afraid to use them. So, me, no worries yet.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Am i Jimmy?
Michgian grad transfer Ryan Tice is no longer with the Vols, per UT officials. Was first reported by 247.

Tice apparently left the team earlier this week and was scrubbed from the roster. Pruitt obviously made no mention of his move when he praised special teams earlier today. Cimaglia and walk-on Laszlo Tasler are two remaining PK on the roster.

Simonton

Travis Henry was a bad man.
Yes, he was. Not only the most rushing yards in Vols history along with a National Championship. U can add 3 seasons of 1,000+ plus rushing yards with 2 different teams and at least one Pro Bowl in his NFL career, all 3 of those years were the only 3 years, he played at least 13 games. He also added 30 rushing TDs in those 3 years with 2 more receiving TDs. Maybe not Jamal Lewis (should be in the NFL HoF, imo) like NFL stats, but damn good.

Reactions: T Dog and SugarCC
A caller to the Erik Ainge show on Wednesday bemoaned the fault some fans continue to have with Butch Jones. He said in his opinion Butch was a good coach and he liked the guy. Brian said he thinks we at least get a year to blame Butch for whatever we don’t like.

I don’t really agree with either the caller or Brian. I don’t particularly like the guy and I think the job was too big for him and it showed. I know he’s got a family and I respect that. I wish them all the best. One of my favorite stories of the Butch era was the ESPN coverage of the family during the Georgia game. I had a lot of empathy for them.

"They say there are two kinds of coaches, coaches that have been fired and coaches that will be fired," says Barb, staring straight ahead and holding her glasses in her hands. "We have never been through that in Butch's career. All of this right now -- we've never been in this territory.

"The thing that's hardest for me is I know everything he's put into this for five years. The next person that would come in here would look like a genius. We're so close, but the powers that be are the ones who have the final say.

The game starts ominously for Tennessee with quarterback Quinten Dormady throwing an interception on the Vols' first play. Barb slumps in her seat and mutters, "Are you kidding me?"

Much to her chagrin, it only gets worse. Andrew, if he doesn't have a hoops future, may have a future in color commentary. He sees and notices everything and doesn't pull any punches.

After one of the Tennessee offensive linemen jumps early, he exclaims, "We false-start every game."

Later, when one of the Vols' receivers doesn't pull in a pass he should have caught, Andrew deadpans, "And you wonder why you're not playing more."

Georgia leads 10-0 before anybody can blink, and the Jones family suite is eerily quiet. Barb fidgets in her seat. She's still remarkably pleasant, though, while playing mom, host and even coach.

"Get him right there. Open-field tackle. Wrap him up," she bellows as Georgia's Nick Chubb breaks several tackles.

Finally, there's some life as Tennessee's Justin Martin intercepts a pass to give the Vols the ball in Georgia territory. Andrew, sitting on the front row of the suite, stands up and turns around to alert everybody that Martin "jumped the slant route."

Barb nods approvingly at Andrew's football acumen.

By the second quarter, Barb has added a light shawl. It's cool in the suite, matching the atmosphere in the stadium. When the Vols lose a fumble after it bounces off of center Jashon Robertson's rear end on the shotgun snap, she laments, "If it can happen to us, it does," and she leaves the suite to clear her head.

It's not the last time she storms out of the suite in frustration while suffering through the first shutout of her husband's head coaching career.

By halftime, it's 24-0 Georgia, and friends and family do their best to comfort Barb. A year ago, it was 21-3 Florida at the half, and the Vols rallied to play their best half of football in the Butch Jones era and beat the Gators 38-28.

There would be no such comeback this time, only more misery.

Adam and his cousins join the rest of the family in the suite for the second half. They sit in the front row in the left corner and watch the stadium slowly empty out and Georgia methodically add to its commanding lead.

The only semblance of life from the Vols in the second half ends with John Kelly losing the football after a long catch and run.

"He didn't ... fumble," Barb says, her voice trailing off.

It's too much. She bolts out of the suite yet again, her face pale and her lips pursed.

My thinking has been that it is entirely appropriate that fans be allowed to continue to express themselves regarding our former coach at least as long as we continue to pay him. I’m tracking this so I'll know when the calendar runs out. I hope Barb was right about us being close and the next guy looking like a genius. In fact I actually think she may be. The only departure I would make is that it was always going to have to be a next guy. One thing the caller implied was that Butch did do a lot of good for us and I think we may have a better sense of that if this season plays out as well as I think it could.

ScreenHunter_28 Aug. 16 00.40.gif

Lmao no I'm just playing into the fantasy of some of these clowns that somehow a rival team fan posts on here every day for 8 years straight pretending to secretly be a Tennessee fan... I may not be a sunshine pumper but give me a freaking break 😂
You lol at every perceived failure and worship every UGA move. Not our job to figure out why you live here. Tidal Surge is following your path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back