Reason For Tee Martin NOT selected as OC?

Helton have MORE experience than Tee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VFLinFL

Tennessee In The 850
Does everyone on here believe the main reason Tee Martin was NOT selected as the OC was due to his minimal experience as a OC and the possibility of Helton having more coaching experience?

Reactions: 1 person
Only Pruitt and Tee know the answer to that and it's doubtful we'll ever find out.

I assume he had no interest.

The situation at USC is light years better than UT, which will help him land a head coach job

Reactions: 11 people
You may remember that a couple of weeks ago at the Knoxville Quarterback Club Majors said that Kiffin would win if he was brought here. Here is another reason Tee Martin was not brought here at all. When it was announced that Fulmer had talked to Martin, Kiffin tweeted "Hire him! He is the best recruiter in the country." You may remember Kiffin first hired Tee Martin at SC as wide receiver's coach. They are very good friends. So Fulmer carries a grudge against both Kiffin and Majors, otherwise Kiffin and Martin would have been here together. Kiffin actually offered a FAU scholarship to his 13 year old son in May. Tee would have been the OC if Kiffin was coach.

Reactions: 4 people
You may remember that a couple of weeks ago at the Knoxville Quarterback Club Majors said that Kiffin would win if he was brought here. Here is another reason Tee Martin was not brought here at all. When it was announced that Fulmer had talked to Martin, Kiffin tweeted "Hire him! He is the best recruiter in the country." You may remember Kiffin first hired Tee Martin at SC as wide receiver's coach. They are very good friends. So Fulmer carries a grudge against both Kiffin and Majors, otherwise Kiffin and Martin would have been here together. Kiffin actually offered a FAU scholarship to his 13 year old son in May. Tee would have been the OC if Kiffin was coach.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Kiffin, so act like a f****** adult, and take your Kiffin copy/paste crap home with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people

I will just point my finger at >LAME and blame him

Martin's main problem is he was spliting time play calling with Helton. We needed a OC and QB coach so Helton was a priority over Martin and he's had play calling responsibility at a few different places.

Reactions: 2 people
Does Tee even get to oc or do they just tell him he is so he feels like a big deal? Resl question

Reactions: 4 people
Pure fantasy. Nothing more.

Reactions: 3 people
Martin's main problem is he was spliting time play calling with Helton. We needed a OC and QB coach so Helton was a priority over Martin and he's had play calling responsibility at a few different places.

Thanks for the good insight

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Kiffin, so act like a f****** adult, and take your Kiffin copy/pasts crap home with you.

You have to understand that some Vol fans believe in the absurd notion that Kiffin is the only coach that can win. He is THE coach in college football. Kiffin is the ONLY coach in college football that Saban fears. Its beyond stupid.

I honestly have no idea why Tee didnt come here. Maybe it was Tee's decision. Maybe Pruitt didnt want him. I highly doubt we will ever find out the truth.

Reactions: 3 people
You have to understand that some Vol fans believe in the absurd notion that Kiffin is the only coach that can win. He is THE coach in college football. Kiffin is the ONLY coach in college football that Saban fears. Its beyond stupid.

I honestly have no idea why Tee didnt come here. Maybe it was Tee's decision. Maybe Pruitt didnt want him. I highly doubt we will ever find out the truth.

Yeah I get that, but SeniorDrill is copying and pasting that post in every single thread.

Freak? Help us out, or should I just ignore?

Does everyone on here believe the main reason Tee Martin was NOT selected as the OC was due to his minimal experience as a OC and the possibility of Helton having more coaching experience?

He wasn't a candidate. It's a lateral move and he is extremely happy living in So. Cal.
He was interested in UT only as a head coach.

Yeah I get that, but SeniorDrill is copying and pasting that post in every single thread.

Freak? Help us out, or should I just ignore?
Just the facts, mam! The exact reason Tee Martin is toxic to Tennessee is Kiffiin hired him in his first assistant coach job and they are great friends. The post asks for reasons why Tee Martin was not accepted above his wide receivers coach to come here. IMO, that is the reason.

One of the guys on A to Z Sports Nashville said he had a source that said Tee was not going to come here as OC. It was HC or stay in LA. He said this before we hired Pruitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back