Reason For Tee Martin NOT selected as OC?

Helton have MORE experience than Tee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume he had no interest.

The situation at USC is light years better than UT, which will help him land a head coach job

Exactly. Not even a lateral move at this point. And with Pruitt being roughly the same age the head coach in waiting idea that surfaced with Miles is off the table.

So really, there wouldn’t be much point in him coming.

Reactions: 2 people
Tee is ONLY interested in becoming a HC at this time. Tee is 100% responsible for the offensive game plans and calling plays at USC.

The misinformation and pure speculation in here is incredible! I am not here claiming I know more than the rest. However, the answers to many of the questions posted here are available if you look in the right place.

One reliable outlet I have discovered is Jason Swain's show. Take the time to listen to his show from yesterday if you would like to have accurate information regarding Tee.

Then why isn't he getting a hc job?

Does everyone on here believe the main reason Tee Martin was NOT selected as the OC was due to his minimal experience as a OC and the possibility of Helton having more coaching experience?

Well, he's the one that calls plays at USC and two, he's the QB coach for USC.

So getting a OC/QB coach in one person is a must have.

Well, he's the one that calls plays at USC and two, he's the QB coach for USC.

So getting a OC/QB coach in one person is a must have.

I can't believe you are still repeating this. Even all the radio guys have talked about this the last couple days. Ainge and Swain have both discussed this on their shows. They have all checked with their sources and this just isn't true. Tee calls the plays. Input and call plays are two different things.

Why leave? Because he will get removed soon enough. Helton is trying to get Tee a gig. Tee struck out with Georgia Southern and South Alabama. He was never mentioned at Oregon like some think. He is a recruiter only because he can relate. He is not an OC or head coach.

Why do you insist on bashing Tee? You have zero information about his duties at USC. There's absolutely no evidence that he wanted to come here as OC, and no evidence that CJP wanted him to.

He got the guy he wanted, and I'm looking forward to seeing results. Not about Tee, good or bad. It's about watching UT return to glory.

P.S. USC’s three-headed monster leads to seamless play-calling – Daily News

Don't believe his heart was in it and thus came through during the interview process. I think much success awaits him not too far down the road.

I’m sure since it would have been a lateral move, his wife’s career came into play. Had it been for the HC position, things may have been different.

Tee wasn't going to be an oc here under a first time, young coach.

And no Helton doesn't call the plays. He didn't call the plays at WKU either, Brohm did. He had some input but he works for Tee.

Here he will actually get to call plays for the first time. Even all the local radio guys have confirmed this.

Great hire but he was just an assistant, not some shadow co-offensive coordinator. Here he gets to run his own offense.

He worked for his brother the HC not the OC who is not the HC. And the local guys on the radio repeatedly stated that Helton was the passing game coordinator. No reason to create fictitious information to fuel your own narrative.

He worked for his brother the HC not the OC who is not the HC. And the local guys on the radio repeatedly stated that Helton was the passing game coordinator. No reason to create fictitious information to fuel your own narrative.

And Tee was the passing game coordinator before him.

So just like Tee worked for Clay as PGC while Clay was the actual coordinator, Tyson works for Tee.

The passing game coordinator is an assistant to the offensive coordinator who sets the gameplan and calls the plays.

They have some input but that is all. Stop with this he calls plays or something bs. No one ever said he wasn't the pgc.

Tee held that job several places. That is just an assistant to the real coordinator.

And the radio guys have all said that Tee calls the plays. Period.

Reactions: 1 person
Does everyone on here believe the main reason Tee Martin was NOT selected as the OC was due to his minimal experience as a OC and the possibility of Helton having more coaching experience?

Just ONE question................what is the point.
Why beat this dead horse.....What are wanting to hear? What is your end game? This thread makes NO sense?? :crazy:

OK 3 questions.

Reactions: 4 people
Just ONE question................what is the point.
Why beat this dead horse.....What are wanting to hear? What is your end game? This thread makes NO sense?? :crazy:

OK 3 questions.

For some reason some just want to bash Tee. Some want to bash him to make the Helton hire seem better.

I think Helton will be great. But I too fail to see why the need to bring up Tee and then mislead everyone about who does what.

Tee was the passing game coordinator in 2013-14, so then you have to give him credit for calling the 3rd down passing plays in those years if not.

Hint: A passing game coordinator, organized the schemes for different situations. They don’t call plays.

Reactions: 1 person
I keep hearing rumors about something must have happened between UT and Tee M. that only very high ups know about.

I assume he had no interest.

The situation at USC is light years better than UT, which will help him land a head coach job

I definitely believe he had interest. But Helton has the more experience and better resume as an offensive coach. It's already been reported had he gotten the Miss St job he was gonna bring Helton there with him. So he's known who he wanted to run his offense before Fulmer hired him.

Nope, I think his wife had a great deal to do with not returning to Tennessee, she did before. Tennessee just doesn't do it for the Calli gal. She wants to records music. Guess she doesn't realize Nashville is just as big on recording as ca..

I read somewhere that Tee Martin said he felt like he deserved the head coach position and Fulmer didn’t think so. Wanted him as an OC and the talks ended there because Tee wasn’t making a lateral move. He feels like he’s proved himself and deserves a spot at being a head coach. Fulmer thinks he needed more experience.

Personally i don’t think it was never a real option. Only called Tee as a PR move. Just to say at least we tried to bring our guy home. It definitely gave Fulmer some good PR and a measure of patience.

Then why isn't he getting a hc job?

He’s in a good spot now. HE likes where he is and he’s only going to take the right job. Most guys go to a smaller school for their first head coaching gig. Tee isn’t with that

And Tee was the passing game coordinator before him.

So just like Tee worked for Clay as PGC while Clay was the actual coordinator, Tyson works for Tee.

The passing game coordinator is an assistant to the offensive coordinator who sets the gameplan and calls the plays.

They have some input but that is all. Stop with this he calls plays or something bs. No one ever said he wasn't the pgc.

Tee held that job several places. That is just an assistant to the real coordinator.

And the radio guys have all said that Tee calls the plays. Period.

Per 102.5 Nashville: USC Beat Guy Says Tee Martin Certainly didn't call the plays at USC. And kind laughed at the fact of Swain saying that Tee called 100% of the plays. He's been an insider for them for 20+ years

He mentioned he was kind of surprised we hired Helton though. Expected that we would have hired a bigger/more respected name.

Anyone else hear this interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back