Pruitt will unleash the D now!

We just don’t have the corners or the offensive linemen to win this game imo. Buchanan is a huge liability I expect him to get picked on a lot Saturday
Buchanan shouldn't be on the field. We would be better off with Taylor and Thompson as our starting corners. Which is sad that 2 freshman are the best corners on the team.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
I said a couple of weeks ago that we didn't show everything vs WVU and go lashed repeatedly. Most of the lashing was warranted. However, I didn't word it all correctly. I think much of the not showing all the schemes, blitzes, etc... was due to lack of knowledge of a young secondary and all D learning a new D once again. I do think the players have almost of of the knowledge they need now to run close to all of the packages that Pruitt wants to use. I expect to see lots more blitzing and the D causing Franks a lot of confusion. I expect more four man fronts due to the Gators trying to run the ball much more than pass to try and win the time of possession and give them a better chance to win. I expect the VOLS D to wreak havoc on the Gators O, especially with their O being mediocre at best. I also expect to outrush the Gators by quite a bit. I think the OL will step up more this game. The entire team will be much more hungry for a win than they have been all season!!! VOLS WIN by at least 10!!!! Just remember, I told you so!!! =)

Like what you say, just wish I had as much confidence as you do.

I suspect we'll see many more blitzes out of our LBs than we've seen to date. This will be a guessing game all day between the OCs and DCs IMO. He who guesses wrong the most loses the game.
Same as always in most every game in sports.

You told me so? Is that you honey?

Don't know if this helps, but I put up a small lock-box just outside the kitchen that my wife has to lock her phone in when she's in there. Cut down on a lot of nagging and "I told you so's" on Volnation over the past few months.

Reactions: joevol33
I said a couple of weeks ago that we didn't show everything vs WVU and go lashed repeatedly. Most of the lashing was warranted. However, I didn't word it all correctly. I think much of the not showing all the schemes, blitzes, etc... was due to lack of knowledge of a young secondary and all D learning a new D once again. I do think the players have almost of of the knowledge they need now to run close to all of the packages that Pruitt wants to use. I expect to see lots more blitzing and the D causing Franks a lot of confusion. I expect more four man fronts due to the Gators trying to run the ball much more than pass to try and win the time of possession and give them a better chance to win. I expect the VOLS D to wreak havoc on the Gators O, especially with their O being mediocre at best. I also expect to outrush the Gators by quite a bit. I think the OL will step up more this game. The entire team will be much more hungry for a win than they have been all season!!! VOLS WIN by at least 10!!!! Just remember, I told you so!!! =)

I have a quiet confidence in Pruitt. The guy is a coach and isn't gonna gimmick his way around.

Reactions: VolGirl1126
If you graduated in 1989 you’re old enough to know better than this, unlike most of the 12 year who post here. Hope you are right, but I’ve seen this show before.

Reactions: tbones0711

New year, same prognostications.

As long as Butch Jones' recruited and "coached" players make up the majority of the team, we're not going to see any enormous strides of improvement. Most of these these guys just are what they are at this point.

Reactions: tbh
I actually think the opposite. He will play a more bend don't break D this weekend. He tried to "unleash" the D in the WV game and his words " I put our guys in some bad spots". Each time in the WV game he tried to "unleash" The D they picked on our young secondary. The stats say Franks actually plays better when blitzed instead of reading coverage.

High school coaches have been discouraged from attending practice this past week and that has not been the case previously.

Buchanan shouldn't be on the field. We would be better off with Taylor and Thompson as our starting corners. Which is sad that 2 freshman are the best corners on the team.
I know what you mean, but I think it’s great that our 2 best, most talent corners are true freshmen, bodes well for the future, especially since this year is gonna he crap anyway. As long as they work hard in practice and earn it, put em in, let em learn, let em take their lumps and let’s get better for next year.

Reactions: jlawso21
We just don’t have the corners or the offensive linemen to win this game imo. Buchanan is a huge liability I expect him to get picked on a lot Saturday

If all goes well, we will see a huge dose of Taylor and Thompson at corner with Buchanan coming in just for relief. Those two have freshman all SEC written all over them, Imo.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989

VN Store

Back