Pruitt: Vols freshman Flowers has 'very bright future'

KBVol

A few lines from the article.....

“Trevon has really good ball skills,” Pruitt said after Tennessee’s practice Wednesday afternoon. “He has the best ball skills on the team. He’s very instinctive. He’s got good toughness.

“Just not played a lot of ball — hadn’t played football since the eighth grade. Played last year for the first time (in high school), so now he’s in the SEC and he’s at a place that we’re asking a lot out of him in the back end, so he’s learning.

“Trevon has really good ball skills,” Pruitt said after Tennessee’s practice Wednesday afternoon. “He has the best ball skills on the team. He’s very instinctive. He’s got good toughness.

“Just not played a lot of ball — hadn’t played football since the eighth grade. Played last year for the first time (in high school), so now he’s in the SEC and he’s at a place that we’re asking a lot out of him in the back end, so he’s learning.
Title should be:
A. Flowers blooms on Rocky Top.
B. Flowers puts the petal to the metal.

Played 1 season of football in HS. Welp, that about sums up the quality of our secondary right now

Reactions: cbatey1
Started as a true FR main a big opener and only played 1 season in HS! I know our secondary sucks, but still. That's unheard of.

He must be able to learn as fast as Kirkland if he even saw the field. Future is bright indeed.

If Flowers plays well... we may come out of this game smelling like a rose.

That's impressive only playing one year after 8th grade and now starting for an SEC. Also, a little depressing that our best instinctive DB has played so little. Not saying that he doesn't deserve to play but it says a lot about our depth.

If I'm not mistaken, I think he was a two sport athlete with baseball being the sport he seemed to favor and many thought he might persue over football. Am I wrong?

VN Store

Back