Pruitt: Nobody has ‘separated himself’ in Vols’ QB race

I have to disagree. JG needs to transfer as quickly as possible if he doesn't get the nod. There will always be a Chryst level grad xfer QB on the market. If this staff picks one of those over JG he has no business wasting his or the staff's time on The Hill. It's not personal it's just business.
It’s only business if they are getting paid for it. If he doesn’t get the job and transfers out, it is 100% personal.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
I have to disagree. JG needs to transfer as quickly as possible if he doesn't get the nod. There will always be a Chryst level grad xfer QB on the market. If this staff picks one of those over JG he has no business wasting his or the staff's time on The Hill. It's not personal it's just business.

Why would you want your second team QB or anyone on the team for that matter to "transfer as quickly as possible?" Whoever starts against UWV may not keep the job due to lack of production or injury. Plus unless you drop down a division you're sitting out a year. This idea that if you don't win the job game one you're outa here is never good for the school and seldom good for the player. If its business its bad business.

What's going to happen after kick off at the WV game and we still don't have a starting QB? I mean WTH are we going to do?? They be like "Coach Pru.. Do we have a starter for QB?" Pru be like.. "Hell if I know..I'm just a head coach, what does the latest VN consensus say?"

aeb28160278907b301b071a58fea1119b054d2d9.gif

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but I recall Pruitt saying this decision would be made quickly, or something along those lines.

From SEC media days:

Question: How would you assess your quarterback room with the guys you have and the addition of Keller Chryst?

We have two young men, Jarrett and Will that were there in the spring. They’ll have 15 practices under their belt. We add Keller Chryst coming from Stanford who has played football there, has experience. And we are adding another young man from California, J.T. Shrout. We’ll give those guys opportunities in fall camp.

I think for us seeing what these other two new guys can do along with what the guys, see how they progress in fall camp, I think it’s going to be important for us as a staff to start whittling it down pretty fast so we can kind of create rhythm and timing and a little bit of chemistry on offense and figure out who our guys are going to be.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...ch-jeremy-pruitt-said-at-sec-media-days-2018/

Here’s reality. Anyone with a brain hopes the best QB wins the job. Will they? I’ve seen coaching politics too much to believe this is true. Saban is getting his share with the Hurts situation.

I believe Keller Chryst will get every opportunity to win the job. Here’s why, Pruitt recruited KC. Coaches are not objective, and if you think they are you are fooling yourself. You can think that winning is the most important thing, it isn’t. Winning on their terms is what is most important. KC will get more patience from the staff, more looks, and more situations that benefit him winning the job.

That doesn’t mean KC isn’t the best QB for the job. He may be. In his defense, KC is catching up. I would expect JG to look better early on since he went the through spring, has been immersed in the complex. and has been working out with the team. So, since KC didn’t play spring ball and has not had those advantages, you would expect it to take a little time to get back in the grove.

Prediction: KC will be your starting QB.
2nd prediction: He will have an incredibly short leash.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It

VN Store

Back