Pruitt calling out where Auburn will throw before Tigers can even snap the ball

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
WATCH: Video captures Jeremy Pruitt calling out where Auburn will throw before Tigers can even snap the ball

THIS, gents is what happens when you have a REAL coach. Granted, you would expect this from someone who proved to be one of the best DCs in the country and who had played against Auburn every year. Even so, I think it pretty safe to say that in-game coaching on the D side is in pretty safe hands. Hopefully, we will get to the same level on the offensive side. You cant tell me though that our players and recruits dont see this stuff and say "DAMN, thats the guy I want to play for."

We simply dont have the personnel to execute at that level this year but I am guessing that Pruitt will be doing the same on the sideline this week against bamma. We are going to give Saban fits in the years to come.

WATCH: Video captures Jeremy Pruitt calling out where Auburn will throw before Tigers can even snap the ball

THIS, gents is what happens when you have a REAL coach. Granted, you would expect this from someone who proved to be one of the best DCs in the country and who had played against Auburn every year. Even so, I think it pretty safe to say that in-game coaching on the D side is in pretty safe hands. Hopefully, we will get to the same level on the offensive side. You cant tell me though that our players and recruits dont see this stuff and say "DAMN, thats the guy I want to play for."

We simply dont have the personnel to execute at that level this year but I am guessing that Pruitt will be doing the same on the sideline this week against bamma. We are going to give Saban fits in the years to come.

While I agree with most of your comments, I disagree with this statement. While we don't have Bama or Ga talent yet, we have as much talent, except maybe in the OL, as Florida, SC, KY, Mizzou and Vandy. It's a question of whether we have the confidence in our abilities to compete, and win, those games. I hope last week's victory starts the growth of that confidence.

Love what Pruitts brother said about him.

Luke Pruitt@coach_lpruitt

"Last year I happened to be in Tuscaloosa and was watching Clemson and Auburn with him after their game. He was eating pizza and drinking a Diet Coke and literally calling every offensive play for both teams from his recliner."​

And our last guy used a chart. How sweet....

While I agree with most of your comments, I disagree with this statement. While we don't have Bama or Ga talent yet, we have as much talent, except maybe in the OL, as Florida, SC, KY, Mizzou and Vandy. It's a question of whether we have the confidence in our abilities to compete, and win, those games. I hope last week's victory starts the growth of that confidence.

"Talent" is one of the most elusive words used on this board. If you are looking at recruiting rankings, it is only telling you a fraction of the story.

Reactions: LittleVol

Based on what???

Fla's LB, #33 is better than any LB we got, except maybe a true freshman on our roster who is still out of shape.

I heard "cover your guy"

He says "Baylen, it's coming to your guy"

I definitely saw a few plays where Pruitt figured out pre-snap what Auburn was doing and was signaling to players. Pruitt seems to know Auburn's playbook about as well as Auburn's own players do.

Just a reminder that this is one of the things that got Butch fired. He was using the same plays and after 5 years, SEC defenses figured it out and would know the play before it was run. This is one of the flaws with the HUNH offense is that there is simplified play-calling, but defenses have been able to figure it out after awhile. Same thing happened with Chip Kelly in the NFL, as well.

Based on what???

Fla's LB, #33 is better than any LB we got, except maybe a true freshman on our roster who is still out of shape.

I'd take JG over Franks, I'd take our running backs over theirs. I'm not going to debate position by position but their talent level is about where ours is. We just started terribly in that game and played a poor game.

recliner + diet Coke and pizza ftw!
rock.gif

Love what Pruitts brother said about him.
"Last year I happened to be in Tuscaloosa and was watching Clemson and Auburn with him after their game. He was eating pizza and drinking a Diet Coke and literally calling every offensive play for both teams from his recliner."​

And our last guy used a chart. How sweet....

Obviously not an armchair QB like myself...

Diet Coke and pizza?! Been doing it wrong all these years!

🍕🍻🍻

No. GA w Pruitt as DC. Ass kickers

I definitely saw a few plays where Pruitt figured out pre-snap what Auburn was doing and was signaling to players. Pruitt seems to know Auburn's playbook about as well as Auburn's own players do.

Just a reminder that this is one of the things that got Butch fired
. He was using the same plays and after 5 years, SEC defenses figured it out and would know the play before it was run. This is one of the flaws with the HUNH offense is that there is simplified play-calling, but defenses have been able to figure it out after awhile. Same thing happened with Chip Kelly in the NFL, as well.

I sure hope you're not right, cause this is exactly what Helton does.

Based on what???

Was 33 Reese? If so he seemed very good between the tackles. Outside of that I never heard his name called.

Just a reminder that this is one of the things that got Butch fired. He was using the same plays and after 5 years, SEC defenses figured it out and would know the play before it was run. This is one of the flaws with the HUNH offense is that there is simplified play-calling, but defenses have been able to figure it out after awhile. Same thing happened with Chip Kelly in the NFL, as well.

Agree. The fast paced-using pictures on the sideline to tell the qb the play worked for awhile but cute stuff like that eventually gets snuffed out and it’s time to go back to playing regular football.

That's what I heard.

VN Store

Back