Pruitt breaks down QB unit

CJP says Keller not coming in the spring is why JG is starting and Shrout will redshirt.

Pruitt discusses QBs on SEC teleconference
I don't think he means thats why JG is starting over KC. To me, he means that they are trying to give KC game reps right now to keep him ready for if something happens to JG. There is no way of knowing if KC would out perform JG if he had come in the fall instead of spring. And I am sure if Pruitt thought KC gives Tennessee the best chance to win he would he starting.

DISCLAIMER: As long as the best player is playing I have no preference between JG and KC.

If all that Keller needs is more reps, he will be the starter going forward if JG does not play well to start the Florida game.

Pruitt feels like each of these players is a blessing to have and wants get good contributions from each one while he has them.

Reactions: Sarms58
If CK gets a whole quarter or half to play, I dare say he'll take that QB job and run with it. He has too much experience and skills but hasn't had the chance to show it yet. Love JG, really love the guy, but in short spurts when not just handing off, we've seen KC gets stuff done. Even when handing off, I think he sells the option aspect better than JG. Did he hand it off or does he still have the ball? Did he just throw a dump pass or not? He justs sells it better.

Last edited:
If CK gets a whole quarter or half to play, I dare say he'll take that QB job and run with it. He has too much experience and skills but hasn't had the chance to show it yet. Love JG, really love the guy, but in short spurts when not just handing off, we've seen KC gets stuff done. Even when handing off, I think he sells the option aspect better than JG. Did he hand it off or does he still have the ball? Did he just throw a dump pass or not? He justs ells it better.
If Chryst was as good as some fans think, he’d be on an NFL roster right now.

VN Store

Back