Pruitt article from AL

That article is very well written and gives much insight into what has shaped CJP into the coach he is. Hopefully he’ll do a great job this Saturday and put our team in a great place to have a great team and maybe even a win.

Reactions: feathersax
Went from teaching kids how to tie shoes to teaching JJ how to run a route.. and damn he done a good job

wow , well written article. Pruitt is making his home town proud

The last half of the 2000-2010 I was in and out of Ft. Payne many times. When I saw that "Coach" was from the area, I knew we had the kind of guy we needed. To come from a town and area like his takes a determination that we need. Now it is starting to show. BY the way the area he is from should make him feel right at home. Ft. Payne is at the foot of none other than Lookout Mountain. Also by "crow flight" he may be equal distance from Tuss and Knox, but in time closer to Knox....

Very nice article about CJP and the humble start he had in what we all hope will be a successful career here as UT HC.

Reactions: feathersax
I have to admit that I was not really completely bought in until last Saturday.

But now, I see it's for real.

If you don't buy in now, you must be a democrat!

Great article. Interesting how almost all the bamma posters think 1) Pruitt should have waited for a better opportunity than TN and 2) they want Pruitt to come back and take over when Saban leaves.

If Pruitt is successful like I think he will be and gets TN into SEC contention in YR 3, I would be seriously concerned if Saban leaves. I think we would be safe after year 5, however, as Pruitt would have been able to truly own the program and perhaps top 10 success by then. Then why go to Bamma and live under Saban's shadow when he would be worshiped here? Would also give us time to turn him Orange and for Phil to back up the brinks truck if needed. It is good that we are a southern program as well, so I am sure a country boy can feel at home in KnoxVegas, unlike he would perhaps in a midwestern or nothern program. But between that 3rd year and 5th year, I seriously hope Saban stays. All of that, of course, presupposes Pruitt doing a great job coaching, which is a good problem to have.

Great article. Interesting how almost all the bamma posters think 1) Pruitt should have waited for a better opportunity than TN and 2) they want Pruitt to come back and take over when Saban leaves.

If Pruitt is successful like I think he will be and gets TN into SEC contention in YR 3, I would be seriously concerned if Saban leaves. I think we would be safe after year 5, however, as Pruitt would have been able to truly own the program and perhaps top 10 success by then. Then why go to Bamma and live under Saban's shadow when he would be worshiped here? Would also give us time to turn him Orange and for Phil to back up the brinks truck if needed. It is good that we are a southern program as well, so I am sure a country boy can feel at home in KnoxVegas, unlike he would perhaps in a midwestern or nothern program. But between that 3rd year and 5th year, I seriously hope Saban stays. All of that, of course, presupposes Pruitt doing a great job coaching, which is a good problem to have.
Pruitt comes across as a guy that would be loyal to us for giving him that first chance. I really hope he gets to beat Saban at least once before Saban retires.

I think this is just his shot to prove to be worthy of taking over for saban. He does well here saban retires and boom CJP coaches at Bama and another decade of bama dominance starts

There was an article I read earlier this year where some big time boosters at Alabama would reject Pruitt's return because he left for a hated rival. According to them, they'd rather have Swinnney. I tend to agree. I'd rather they have Swinney too.

Reactions: hexnut

VN Store

Back