Preseason blueprint to beat the tide

I would really like to know what the realistic blueprint to beating them is. Typically, in the Saban era, there have been only a small number of ways to beat them.

1. Have a Heisman QB or once in a decade type of player playong completely out of their minds. Newton, Manziel or Watson.

2. Alabama beating themselves. Like the Ole Miss games.

3. On a very, very rare occasion, a team can line up and go toe to toe with their talent. 2014 OSU or LSU 2011.
sad to say but this absolutely the truth. Bama is freaking nasty across the board. It is really hard exploit 1 area and really make them pay.... We have come close a few time in the last decade but we have not gotten over the hump.

No doubt they have talent that is coached very well, but they count on teams making mistakes and throwing in the towel.

I don’t see us throwing in the towel and we have been getting better. The confidence gained by beating a struggling Allburn team will go far this Saturday. Bama needs to bring their A game if they expect to win.
no, they don't. they con't care 1 iota about the team they're playing. the only team they care about is Alabama and how they execute what they want to do. they understand, however, that if they do that, it puts opponents in stressful situations, and helps create opportunities for mistakes.

but they don't "count on the other team" shooting itself in the foot so they can win a game.

If ANYONE knows how to beat Alabama, it would be Pruitt. Wasn't he employed with them at one time? :) :)

IMO, we need our offense to sustain long drives and get points almost every drive. need to keep Bama's offense off the field as much as possible. cant have 3 and outs and our D get tired quickly. would be a long night

no, they don't. they con't care 1 iota about the team they're playing. the only team they care about is Alabama and how they execute what they want to do. they understand, however, that if they do that, it puts opponents in stressful situations, and helps create opportunities for mistakes.

but they don't "count on the other team" shooting itself in the foot so they can win a game.
I disagree. Even with their level of talent they need teams to miss blocks and tackles to be successful. They still have to mix it up a bit to keep teams on their heels.

There are times that the right defense is called for the play they are running and they get shut down. On the same note there are plays called against their defense that work. The issue is their talent limits the number of times this hapens to them.

On a 14 play 75 yards drive all 14 plays won’t to be successful. That’s why being productive on 3rd down is the key to beat them. We will face 3rd downs and the way we execute in those clutch situations will be the story of the game.

I disagree. Even with their level of talent they need teams to miss blocks and tackles to be successful. They still have to mix it up a bit to keep teams on their heels.

There are times that the right defense is called for the play they are running and they get shut down. On the same note there are plays called against their defense that work. The issue is their talent limits the number of times this hapens to them.

On a 14 play 75 yards drive all 14 plays won’t to be successful. That’s why being productive on 3rd down is the key to beat them. We will face 3rd downs and the way we execute in those clutch situations will be the story of the game.
you don't have to agree.

they're not relying on other teams mistakes..........as their path to victory.

Reactions: Mtnvol80

You don't win 5 championships in 9 years by relying on breaks or other teams mishaps. You win by being dominate period

you don't have to agree.

they're not relying on other teams mistakes..........as their path to victory.
We may have different thoughts on what a mistake in football is.

I don’t expect us to play a perfect game. I don’t expect them to play a perfect game.

If we can keep our DBs from biting on play action or short routes this will do wonders for how the game goes.

CJP need to dial up the right defense. I don’t think vanilla will get it done against the gumps.

Same goes on offense. Being predictable won’t cut it. If they are able to run downhill at us getting the win will be harder than ever.

We may have different thoughts on what a mistake in football is.

I don’t expect us to play a perfect game. I don’t expect them to play a perfect game.

If we can keep our DBs from biting on play action or short routes this will do wonders for how the game goes.

CJP need to dial up the right defense. I don’t think vanilla will get it done against the gumps.

Same goes on offense. Being predictable won’t cut it. If they are able to run downhill at us getting the win will be harder than ever.
i didn't say i expected it either.

i said we could play a perfect game and still lose by 21. i know we won't.

and i also know that Bama doesn't count on us (or any opponent) making mistakes, so they'll have a chance to win the game.

which is basically the point.

and i also know that Bama doesn't count on us (or any opponent) making mistakes, so they'll have a chance to win the game.

I think this is true for any team, not just Bama. If you're gameplan requires the other team committing unforced errors, then you are in trouble. You have to go out expecting the other team to play a perfect game.

You don't win 5 championships in 9 years by relying on breaks or other teams mishaps. You win by being dominate period
They force teams to gamble due to their talent. If we play the run when they are passing it will be a long day. Same for when they are passing, if we are playing the run, it won’t work in our favor.

Either mistakes when it comes to play calls or a break done in fundamentals when our guys are in position to make the play, mistakes will determine this game.

i didn't say i expected it either.

i said we could play a perfect game and still lose by 21. i know we won't.

which is basically the point.
Mistakes are part of every game. The key is to make “fewer” mistakes than the other team.

We may have a different idea of what a “perfect” game is.

For every offensive play call there is a defenseive play call to stop it.

Will we be able to disguise our defensive play calls to keep them from calling the right audible as a counter punch?

Mistakes are part of every game. The key is to make “fewer” mistakes than the other team.

We may have a different idea of what a “perfect” game is.

For every offensive play call there is a defenseive play call to stop it.

Will we be able to disguise our defensive play calls to keep them from calling the right audible as a counter punch?
it was hyperbole. not a literal prediction. sheesh.

VN Store

Back