Preseason blueprint to beat the tide

You got to get pressure up front, shorten the game limiting their possessions, and hold on to the ball. All easier said than done. What Bama does is win their individual matchups, because they're simply better than the guy they're lining up against. You just about need them to beat themselves which they rarely do..

Reactions: OneVolNation
I would really like to know what the realistic blueprint to beating them is. Typically, in the Saban era, there have been only a small number of ways to beat them.

1. Have a Heisman QB or once in a decade type of player playong completely out of their minds. Newton, Manziel or Watson.

2. Alabama beating themselves. Like the Ole Miss games.

3. On a very, very rare occasion, a team can line up and go toe to toe with their talent. 2014 OSU or LSU 2011.

Bama gonna shut down the run. That’s a given. The only way to beat them is to have a spectacular day passing which will be hard to do bc JG will be under pressure, but if he and wrs are on the same page like they were in Auburn game, they may find success.
Hope to limit their big td plays on offense defense and special teams. Ideally, they would like to have at least one td in each of those categories and they usually do. When one phase of their game is slow, the other unit usually makes a big play to spark the team.
Hope to score 30 again and hold them to 29 if possible.
That’s all I got. GBO

The Blueprint: How to Beat Alabama in 2018

Our best chance is the way we played Auburn....hmm?
Thoughts?

One thing is for sure, Bama will not be edged up in the box to stop the run after those long completions last weekend. Even though he was just quickly hanging it up there for grabs, our guys proved they can make those catches. Satin will have to loosen his defense some.

You dont? If not why? They are vastly superior to us in absolute every aspect of the game of football.
If we did everything right? They wouldn’t have a chance against our perfect game. They need us to make mistakes just like any other team in any other game.

One thing is for sure, Bama will not be edged up in the box to stop the run after those long completions last weekend. Even though he was just quickly hanging it up there for grabs, our guys proved they can make those catches. Satin will have to loosen his defense some.
I think they play man to start regardless and prove we can beat them. I envision some blitzes on JG though because he had some narrow misses against AU.

Reactions: Weezer
They're pretty good lol
No doubt they have talent that is coached very well, but they count on teams making mistakes and throwing in the towel.

I don’t see us throwing in the towel and we have been getting better. The confidence gained by beating a struggling Allburn team will go far this Saturday. Bama needs to bring their A game if they expect to win.

If we did everything right? They wouldn’t have a chance against our perfect game. They need us to make mistakes just like any other team in any other game.
They have not just a chance, but a good chance against anybody’s perfect game. They are three deep in 5 star talent @ almost any given position. I hope for a miracle and it’ll take one.

They have not just a chance, but a good chance against anybody’s perfect game. They are three deep in 5 star talent @ almost any given position. I hope for a miracle and it’ll take one.
I think we have two different ideas of what a “perfect game” means.

The one and I do mean one silvery glimmer of hope is that Bama has typically lost to a QB having a great day.
Per ESPN, Wallace is also just one of just five players to throw three touchdowns without a pick against Alabama in the last 10 seasons; Alabama lost each of the other four games as well.
Now those QB's had decent teams around them but that day their QB's were the MVP.

Our one glimmer is that JG just set his career high heading into this game and our D looked capable of making some stops. It ain't much but you better be rooting for JG to play lights out if we want to win.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back