Prepare for Takeoff

VOLS B-Ball will be a hard team to beat this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what these guys can do!

Reactions: YoYo
This guy has pogo sticks for legs. With his athleticism, look for a lot of breakaways on steals and baseline drives to the rim this year. If he has worked on his handle and jumper this summer, Barnes may give him some looks at guard. He has two more years to impress the NBA scouts enough to draft him in the first round.

If Pons improves like every other player, Barnes has had a chance to coach for a year, then UT is going to be so much better, this year. I can't wait to see Pons electrify TBA with a rim rattling dunk in a huge ESPN game this year. I can hear Dickie V now, "Bone with a perfect pass to the high-riser, Pons. The French Connection! Pons is a PTPer, baby!"

Reactions: Bret178
Jalen Lecque...COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. heck, what would we do with a 5-star anyway...we wouldn't know how to act...:D

GO VOLS!

When we signed Pons, that was my immediate comparison. However, Barnes>>>>>>>Buzz, so I have much higher hopes.
Did he ever get any play on the football team? special teams etc?
Was thinking he walked on after he finished his bball eligibility.?

Did he ever get any play on the football team? special teams etc?
Was thinking he walked on after he finished his bball eligibility.?
Not sure he ever received legitimate snaps, but he did play in the spring and maybe the following fall. Can't remember.

Reactions: Lefteye
I cannot wait for basketball season!!!!

And that's what I love about sports. My dad went to a small college on a bball scholarship, and growing up sports were always on TV. I didn't play sports cause I'm not coordinated enough, lol. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching teams who enjoy playing together! This past year I think they just scratched the surface. I can't wait to watch this basketball team!!!

I've seen Dr. J and Michael Jordon do this. Not taking anything away from either of those two all-time greats, but both would always have half of their plant foot across the foul line.

Pons' dunk is legit, however. Now if he can just translate that athletic talent to the court at game time, he'll be a force.
that is a shot that is never used in a game, Why would he be working on it? Needs to learn to shot the three.

:confused: Where did TO+ say he needed to work on dunking from the FT line? He said he needs to translate his athletic talent to the court at game time. That's a true statement.

VN Store

Back