Pop-up banner ads

supersmo18

#1 Orange-Lister
@Freak Over the past few days I’ve been noticing some pop-up banner ads at the top of the homepage for VN that weren’t occurring before. I’m noticing it on my phone and on my laptop at work. Didn’t know if this was an issue you were aware of or if I was just going crazy and don’t know how to stop it myself. Also was curious if anyone else had been noticing this.

Can you screenshot if you see it again?

Thanks.

@Freak First one is my desktop at work, the second and third are on my iPhone just very recently since I started this thread
1)1670515027128.jpeg
2)
1670514984468.png

3)1670515069619.png

Also thanks for relocating this into the “Need Help” forum, I didn’t remember it existed. 😬 😆

If I refresh a webpage, it goes away but will unpredictably return at some point.

Thanks. I don't use the desktop mode a lot so I'll look into that.

Reactions: supersmo18
@Freak Isn’t the Dark Theme a mobile version also? I know I sent you screenshots of all home pages on the desktop version, but only the first one was accessed on an actual laptop. This one is a screenshot of this very thread this morning, accessed on my phone, so I’m assuming the dark theme is also mobile version on this example. Maybe this screen shot should be in the other thread?1670584231239.png

@Freak Isn’t the Dark Theme a mobile version also? I know I sent you screenshots of all home pages on the desktop version, but only the first one was accessed on an actual laptop. This one is a screenshot of this very thread this morning, accessed on my phone, so I’m assuming the dark theme is also mobile version on this example. Maybe this screen shot should be in the other thread?View attachment 522118
See the other thread in this forum. The mobile ad is a promotional experiment I’m running, which is different from the ads you saw on desktop.

Reactions: supersmo18
See the other thread in this forum. The mobile ad is a promotional experiment I’m running, which is different from the ads you saw on desktop.
Okay--that explains more to me, because it didn't occur to me until this morning that every pic I showed you was of the desktop homepage until now, which is why I posted the mobile screen shot. Thank you, sir. :)

VN Store

Back