Pokemon: Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon: Lets Go Evee (Nintendo Switch)

Have you guys tried any of these bootleg Pokémon games on Facebook? One is called Pocket Monster or Monster Camp or something like that. How did they get the rights to use the Pokémon names and stuff?

Have you guys tried any of these bootleg Pokémon games on Facebook? One is called Pocket Monster or Monster Camp or something like that. How did they get the rights to use the Pokémon names and stuff?

That’s the thing. They generally don’t have the rights.

Released today.
Been playing it. So far it's a good game. Lots of fun. The catching to gain experience is easy to get used to and the candy received from "sending the Pokemon to the professor" helps make the Pokemon stronger. If you have the pokeball get ready for some frustration because it seems they didn't think it all the way through. There's no way to get to the home screen except through the controllers on the console.

Been playing it. So far it's a good game. Lots of fun. The catching to gain experience is easy to get used to and the candy received from "sending the Pokemon to the professor" helps make the Pokemon stronger. If you have the pokeball get ready for some frustration because it seems they didn't think it all the way through. There's no way to get to the home screen except through the controllers on the console.

Would you say that it is worth picking up? Especially for old, battle harden players that enjoy nostalgia?

It sounds like it’s also a good “bridge” game if you have someone else that you would like to get interested in the games/franchise as a whole (kids, wife/girlfriend, etc).

How easy is the battling in the game? I've read that they made it quite easy especially with type match-ups.
It's very easy. The only battles are vs trainers but it's similar to previous games. Click the battle sign then choose the move. Or click the Pokemon or Bag signs

It's very easy. The only battles are vs trainers but it's similar to previous games. Click the battle sign then choose the move. Or click the Pokemon or Bag signs

Yeah, I knew about those parts. Just didn't know if the battling was quite easy in the since of how easy it is to faint the foe's Pokemon. For instance, I read someone's review that stated that type advantage attacks will 1-hit KO the opposing Pokemon no matter what. I know they should do extra damage, but they shouldn't always be 1-hit KO. Is that what you are finding?

I told myself I wouldn't get this game....I'm losing the battle haha.

Yeah, I knew about those parts. Just didn't know if the battling was quite easy in the since of how easy it is to faint the foe's Pokemon. For instance, I read someone's review that stated that type advantage attacks will 1-hit KO the opposing Pokemon no matter what. I know they should do extra damage, but they shouldn't always be 1-hit KO. Is that what you are finding?

I can't really say because I'm still near the beginning (wife took it from me) so I don't have a good sample size for the 1 hit KO

Type advantage attacks don’t always one hit KO. But still the game is a beeeze. But all Pokémon games are. The nostalgia is real though lol

VN Store

Back