Phrases/Cliches that annoy you.

take

hot take, fresh take, interesting take, awful take, thoughtful take, hey man that's a pretty lame take, give us a take on what happened, your take is making me uncomfortable, et cetera et cetera ad infinitum....

Technically the usage isn't really new but is a bit more specific in application. But what makes it annoying is that the buzzwordiness has blown up all to hell.

take

hot take, fresh take, interesting take, awful take, thoughtful take, hey man that's a pretty lame take, give us a take on what happened, your take is making me uncomfortable, et cetera et cetera ad infinitum....

Technically the usage isn't really new but is a bit more specific in application. But what makes it annoying is that the buzzwordiness has blown up all to hell.
That's a nice hot take.

I'm in the minority here, but phrases like "pound the rock", "pass the rock", "shoot the rock" are just plain stupid.

It is what it is

I literally say this more often than I can count.

Seriously though sometimes it just is what it is....

Like we just lost to vandy and why friend goes what the hell was that and I just throw up my hands and say it is what it is.

Reactions: CPA
My kids love Dude Perfect.
I hate Dude Perfect.
Also, those Aussie guys that drop things from high platforms.
They all do cool stuff, but I can't take the noise. Everything isn't "epic", There's no need to "get some". And all the yelling, and faux excitement, and non-humor. I'm only 42 years old but I feel like this when they come on...
eastwood-torino.jpg

VN Store

Back