Philip Fulmes contract includes getting drunk, title 9, and other provisions

Also, Philip Fulmer should handle only sports as athletic director, not title 9. That should be the presidents and the chancellors job anyways.

Reactions: 1 person
Who in the hell is Philip Fulmes?
I don't know, but apparently he's had problems in the past with alcohol abuse and respect for female student athletes...

Glad UT but this Fulmes guy on a short leash with this contract...

h4frvHz.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Also, Philip Fulmer should handle only sports as athletic director, not title 9. That should be the presidents and the chancellors job anyways.

Like it or not, title 9 is pretty much everyones job. Since they let go of Joan Cronan and put women's sports under the main AD, he has that on his plate. Imagine at this point me posting things bringing your intelligence into question that a mod will delete.

So the story here really has nothing to do with Coach Fulmes.

It is more about the evolution of the language of performance contracts at the University of Tennessee (and, by extension, other universities). It's about lawyers adding codicils. It's about public institutions evolving as the world around them evolves (even if they do it in slow motion because of bureaucracy).

Given all that, it is riveting. Tell us more, OD. :)

I feel like this is the culmination of over a decade's worth of practice for UT.

They should be proud for being able to execute a contract that allows them to fire someone for scalping tickets, condoning sexual assault, or getting drunk on the job.

So the story here really has nothing to do with Coach Fulmes.

It is more about the evolution of the language of performance contracts at the University of Tennessee (and, by extension, other universities). It's about lawyers adding codicils. It's about public institutions evolving as the world around them evolves (even if they do it in slow motion because of bureaucracy).

Given all that, it is riveting. Tell us more, OD. :)
I thought I was the only one left wondering why he linked this article.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anybody know if Phil is known to hit the bottle a little?
He strikes me as a teatotaller.

VN Store

Back