Per report Jennings is officially back....

It wouldn't shock me if Callaway don't start this year him and Palmer had a hard time adjusting to Butch Jones playbook. That's why he didn't play his Freshman year and Brandon did. Now u have a new playbook so lets see what happens.

It wouldn't shock me if Callaway don't start this year him and Palmer had a hard time adjusting to Butch Jones playbook. That's why he didn't play his Freshman year and Brandon did. Now u have a new playbook so lets see what happens.

Lol. Come on Greazy. I know you’re overly protective of Brandon and as such you’re extra critical of the other WRs, especially Callaway, who was BY FAR our most dynamic, play making WR last season. He’s gonna play....a lot.

We got 3 SEC level WRs on this roster WHO HAVE PROVEN they can play at this level....Jennings, Johnson and Callaway. They’re gonna play a lot. It’s yet to be determined who, if anybody, can significantly step up his play and join the wr rotation.

The only thing I can agree with you on is Palmer....I think he showed a lack of hands, understanding and general athletic ability throughout the entire season and I’ll be surprised if he gets any significant playing time this year....but who knows, maybe he vastly improves....God knows somebody needs to.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol. Come on Greazy. I know you’re overly protective of Brandon and as such you’re extra critical of the other WRs, especially Callaway, who was BY FAR our most dynamic, play making WR last season. He’s gonna play....a lot.

We got 3 SEC level WRs on this roster WHO HAVE PROVEN they can play at this level....Jennings, Johnson and Callaway. They’re gonna play a lot. It’s yet to be determined who, if anybody, can significantly step up his play and join the wr rotation.

The only thing I can agree with you on is Palmer....I think he showed a lack of hands, understanding and general athletic ability throughout the entire season and I’ll be surprised if he gets any significant playing time this year....but who knows, maybe he vastly improves....God knows somebody needs to.

I look at Palmer as Butch wanting to bring in a player here and there from outside the usual footprint; like Jakob ftom Germany or Quinn, a volleyball player. Or Canadians like Kongbo or Palmer. These guys might have some good skills, but if you don't put a hard emphasis on teaching raw guys fundamentals, it is a waste of recruiting time and spaces, and does a disservice to your team, employer, and your own career.

I look at Palmer as Butch wanting to bring in a player here and there from outside the usual footprint; like Jakob ftom Germany or Quinn, a volleyball player. Or Canadians like Kongbo or Palmer. These guys might have some good skills, but if you don't put a hard emphasis on teaching raw guys fundamentals, it is a waste of recruiting time and spaces, and does a disservice to your team, employer, and your own career.

Hadn’t thought of that angle but you may be right. That may explain why they insisted, time and time again, that Palmer get featured/targeted so many times last year despite clearly not being ready....or even talented enough to play here.

Butch is a carnival barker, is only worried about hype and appearances, has no real substance to him. That’s why, for example, he celebrated the Music City Bowl and Battle of Bristol like a lunatic, yet chastised anyone who dared criticize him for not winning an actual title/championship.

I'm not showing favoritism I'm just calling it like it is. I just know how good Brandon is and I feel like he don't get the respect he deserves. That kid work to hard for him not to be notice. He the only wr that I saw on a consistent basis get open. 95 percent of the fans show favoritism to callaway and Jennings , so why cant I show favoritism towards my own family..

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone said hes going on defense? Who would be beat out for position? Corner - safety.

Can he not play both!?

I'm not showing favoritism I'm just calling it like it is. I just know how good Brandon is and I feel like he don't get the respect he deserves. That kid work to hard for him not to be notice. He the only wr that I saw on a consistent basis get open. 95 percent of the fans show favoritism to callaway and Jennings , so why cant I show favoritism towards my own family..

You certainly can.

So....you say you’re not showing favoritism.....and then ask why you can’t show favoritism toward your own family. Hmmmm.

Look, all most of us want on here is honest opinion. You wanna trash JJ and Callaway like you obviously do, because you consistently have, then have at it. All I’m doing is calling it for what it is. I’m not trying to dog and be critical of Brandon, I think he’s a good solid WR who will only get better....I’ve said he’s clearly one of our 3 best WRs, he will and needs to start.

But everybody except perhaps you, who’s now admitted you’re biased toward a family member, can see that both JJ and Callaway have proven to be more dynamic playmakers to this point. There’s no shame in saying or admitting that....it’s self-evident.

I can confirm JJ was in orange colored shorts today. He was at Murphy Center for Memphis East / Bearden state tournament game...

Seriously, I'm glad he is back. He is a gamer.

Hadn’t thought of that angle but you may be right. That may explain why they insisted, time and time again, that Palmer get featured/targeted so many times last year despite clearly not being ready....or even talented enough to play here.

Butch is a carnival barker, is only worried about hype and appearances, has no real substance to him. That’s why, for example, he celebrated the Music City Bowl and Battle of Bristol like a lunatic, yet chastised anyone who dared criticize him for not winning an actual title/championship.

Palmer was open quite a bit in the first of the season and the QB was off the mark when throwing the deep ball. He could have had almost double his TDs.

Palmer was open quite a bit in the first of the season and the QB was off the mark when throwing the deep ball. He could have had almost double his TDs.

Seeing as how he didn’t have any TD catches given how he played last year, I’d say “double his TDs” sounds about right.

The kid struggled mightily, just wasn’t anywhere near ready to play, looked like he may not even be talented/skilled enough to play at this level to me, yet Jones and staff kept forcing plays to him over and over again.

What I remember most about Palmer last year was him killing us vs Florida.....dropped a wide open td pass from QD and ran the wrong route at the goal line which led to an interception costing us at least 3 points. Could’ve used those 10, maybe 14 points that day.

Seeing as how he didn’t have any TD catches given how he played last year, I’d say “double his TDs” sounds about right.

The kid struggled mightily, just wasn’t anywhere near ready to play, looked like he may not even be talented/skilled enough to play at this level to me, yet Jones and staff kept forcing plays to him over and over again.

What I remember most about Palmer last year was him killing us vs Florida.....dropped a wide open td pass from QD and ran the wrong route at the goal line which led to an interception costing us at least 3 points. Could’ve used those 10, maybe 14 points that day.

I think Palmer has talent. Just needs development and coaching.

I think Palmer has talent. Just needs development and coaching.

And there’s the quandary. We know the coaching and player development was very poor during Jones’ tenure. So, when a player looks like he can’t play at this level, is it due to lack of talent, poor player evaluation in recruiting, or because he was poor coached on technique and effort in a toxic environment?.....or all the above, which I think was the case under Jones.

I hope you’re right Butchna, I hope a much better coaching staff turns the lights on for a majority of the roster that just didn’t look up to the challenge of playing SEC football last year. Perhaps Palmer is one of those guys....although I just didn’t see it in him last year, I hope he can be really good here....we badly need a 4th wr to go with JJ, Callaway and Johnson.

How cool would it be if all the sudden some guys we all just assumed couldn’t play here started contributing in a big way....and JP wins 8-9 games this year? I’d lose mind, in a good way. I hope the success the b-ball team has had/is having carries over within the AD to all our programs, especially with the football team.

And there’s the quandary. We know the coaching and player development was very poor during Jones’ tenure. So, when a player looks like he can’t play at this level, is it due to lack of talent, poor player evaluation in recruiting, or because he was poor coached on technique and effort in a toxic environment?.....or all the above, which I think was the case under Jones.

I hope you’re right Butchna, I hope a much better coaching staff turns the lights on for a majority of the roster that just didn’t look up to the challenge of playing SEC football last year. Perhaps Palmer is one of those guys....although I just didn’t see it in him last year, I hope he can be really good here....we badly need a 4th wr to go with JJ, Callaway and Johnson.

How cool would it be if all the sudden some guys we all just assumed couldn’t play here started contributing in a big way....and JP wins 8-9 games this year? I’d lose mind, in a good way. I hope the success the b-ball team has had/is having carries over within the AD to all our programs, especially with the football team.

My take has been to clean slate every single player. Only way to honestly and accurately evaluate.

Reactions: 3 people
My take has been to clean slate every single player. Only way to honestly and accurately evaluate.

Not enough time for that. CJP&S has to watch the tape on all of them giving notes, good and bad, for the players to review while viewing their own tape.

They all have a body of work. How willing they are to put in the work and how open they are to coaching will make or break them.

It's my understanding they all want to win and would be happy getting paid millions to play football. The players need to pay attention to CJP&S. After last year's results they should all be open to coaching.

Everything they knew of college football was under Butch's watch. The time for an awakening on The Hill is now. If you want to picky about it, 12/07/2017(I think that's the date CJP was hired.

I was thinking he had a couple of TDs for some reason, I didn't pull up his stats. But with constant talk about how Butch was terrible at developing players, why would Palmer be an exception?

So he had a very bad game? It happens. Not to mention he was a true freshman. But apparently, the bar is very high for freshman and I guess should be labeled unfit for this level.

Not enough time for that. CJP&S has to watch the tape on all of them giving notes, good and bad, for the players to review while viewing their own tape.

They all have a body of work. How willing they are to put in the work and how open they are to coaching will make or break them.

It's my understanding they all want to win and would be happy getting paid millions to play football. The players need to pay attention to CJP&S. After last year's results they should all be open to coaching.

Everything they knew of college football was under Butch's watch. The time for an awakening on The Hill is now. If you want to picky about it, 12/07/2017(I think that's the date CJP was hired.

Norton committed to UGA so I reevaluated. Just give everybody who wants their unconditional release just that. Drop out of SEC and play Independent this season. Apply for Conference USA next season and eventually go Division II.

Norton committed to UGA so I reevaluated. Just give everybody who wants their unconditional release just that. Drop out of SEC and play Independent this season. Apply for Conference USA next season and eventually go Division II.

That's the spirit.

I'm behind when it comes to Norton. I'll try to catch up.

I say if they want out we let them out. There are so many hard working players on the team now. They just need to get on the same better page.

I think we should go to 9 SEC games, have 2 home and home with quality P5 programs. Save 2 cup cakes. 1 for opening night at Neyland(I'm tired of neutral site games.) and the second for Home Coming. The kids need games to attend. Call it family games. The rest of the games as fans we should be loud. It's hard to watch after kids while watching a competative game. Took the crew to SC(In my book they will always be a gimmie.) it was early, it was hot(We moved to the shade.), we lost. It was The VOL Baby's 1st game not in the belly.

VN Store

Back