Per report Jennings is officially back....

Butch? Vandy? Last season?

It's OK, butchna, BigOrangeTrain is just trying as gently as he can explain the presence of Nightmare. That and the damnable curse chant ole Nighty heaped upon our team in the greatest hour of our dispair. Let me translate what he really said and show you who was responsible. It's called the AD post Fulmer hiring history:

The Nightmare Curse Chant

Dragged ya down below
Down to the devil's show
To be his guest forever
Peace of mind was less than never
Hated to twist your mind

Couldn't wake up in sweat,
cause it wasn't over yet
Left you dancing with your demons
Victim of my own creation
Removed from you the will to fight,
made everything that was wrong as right
Where my hate didn't need a reason.
Created in you loathing and self-assassination
You've been lied to just to rape you of your sight
And then I had the nerve to tell fans how to feel
So sedated as I medicated your brain
And while you slowly went insane I told you:
"Given with the best intentions,
I will help you with your complications
mainly by making things worst than they already are
Nightmare, Nightmare, welcome to your nightmare!

In a nutshell, BigOrangeTrain is right, except for where the core of the problem lay. Hope Jennings relishes the chance to to run roughshod over Vandy this season. And welcome them to their own nightmare. May Stephen Strange be with us and bring the
Eye of Agamotto for good measure.

Attachments

• Nightmare2.jpg
    Nightmare2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 287
It's OK, butchna, BigOrangeTrain is just trying as gently as he can explain the presence of Nightmare. That and the damnable curse chant ole Nighty heaped upon our team in the greatest hour of our dispair. Let me translate what he really said and show you who was responsible. It's called the AD post Fulmer hiring history:

The Nightmare Curse Chant

Dragged ya down below
Down to the devil's show
To be his guest forever
Peace of mind was less than never
Hated to twist your mind

Couldn't wake up in sweat,
cause it wasn't over yet
Left you dancing with your demons
Victim of my own creation
Removed from you the will to fight,
made everything that was wrong as right
Where my hate didn't need a reason.
Created in you loathing and self-assassination
You've been lied to just to rape you of your sight
And then I had the nerve to tell fans how to feel
So sedated as I medicated your brain
And while you slowly went insane I told you:
"Given with the best intentions,
I will help you with your complications
mainly by making things worst than they already are
Nightmare, Nightmare, welcome to your nightmare!

In a nutshell, BigOrangeTrain is right, except for where the core of the problem lay. Hope Jennings relishes the chance to to run roughshod over Vandy this season. And welcome them to their own nightmare. May Stephen Strange be with us and bring the
Eye of Agamotto for good measure.

Lot to process. :blink:

I'm glad Jennings is back! He gave his all for Tennessee every play in every game.

You couldn't watch a game he played and argue counter to that because he made the kind of big time plays that constantly pushed the limits of potential. He always hustled for those extra yards, sometimes with defenders hanging off his back and he wasn't afraid of anyone or anything out there on that field. He made catches that other receivers would miss and catches that probably weren't even catchable at least a couple of times.

Then you saw them later because they were the kind of highlights that got played on national media after a win and made you feel proud to be a fan of the Vols.

:td:

Reactions: 1 person
He talked all that **** and Vandy stomped us lol. This kid is a bad apple

To be fair, he was the only player to call out the coaching staff.

I say most of them were tired of being underdeveloped.

Butch and his staff clearly wasn’t SEC Caliber.

Reactions: 2 people
Still a long way to go until fall. Let's see if he can do the right thing over the summer. Got my doubts.

Just read on another venue that coach JP has confirmed that JJ has been reinstated and is working on his "list" of things to do to get back in good graces.

He will, however, miss spring practice with a knee injury.

If this is old news, mods please purge. Haven't been on here in several days.

giphy.gif

Just read on another venue that coach JP has confirmed that JJ has been reinstated and is working on his "list" of things to do to get back in good graces.

He will, however, miss spring practice with a knee injury.

If this is old news, mods please purge. Haven't been on here in several days.

Mentioned literally in the first post of the thread.

Ya think? JJ, Callaway and Johnson. Do we even have any other WRs?

Brandon aint playing slot this year. He only played it because everybody got hurt and nobody knew the plays for the position but him. Somebody going to be the odd man out at the wide out position

I like this. I feel that if you literally put Callaway and Jennings in and throw to them every play one of them will catch it.

I like this. I feel that if you literally put Callaway and Jennings in and throw to them every play one of them will catch it.

If you want a kid to dogfight for the football as a possession type receiver with breakaway talent, you'll not find a better one than JJ on The Hill this coming season. CBs get mauled by him the whole game. I love watching this young man play. He's not going to be a choirboy and lead ice cream socials, he is the type of kid that will win you a game or two by sheer will on his part IMO. I get a chuckle out of some of the posters on VN insisting JJ is a bad apple when if they only knew 10% of what one of the most beloved VFLs ever to walk the shoe leather in Doug Atkins did they'd comparatively think JJ WAS a choirboy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Brandon aint playing slot this year. He only played it because everybody got hurt and nobody knew the plays for the position but him. Somebody going to be the odd man out at the wide out position

Didn’t say he would, just that he, JJ and Callaway are our best, perhaps really only WRs.

Brandon isn’t as dynamic a playmaker as either JJ or Callaway on the outside. He’s a very sure-handed, precise route running possession receiver. I suspect that if JP and Helton put him in the slot, then he’ll play in the slot. If not, he’ll back up the other two on the outside imo.

Reactions: 3 people
If you want a kid to dogfight for the football as a possession type receiver with breakaway talent, you'll not find a better one than JJ on The Hill this coming season. CBs get mauled by him the whole game. I love watching this young man play. He's not going to be a choirboy and lead ice cream socials, he is the type of kid that will win you a game or two by sheer will on his part IMO. I get a chuckle out of some of the posters on VN insisting JJ is a bad apple when if they only knew 10% of what one of the most beloved VFLs ever to walk the shoe leather in Doug Atkins did they'd comparatively think JJ WAS a choirboy.
Agreed. Based on the uncertainty at qb, we need playmakers to turn 50/50 balls our way. If one of them can't catch it it's not gonna be caught imo. And youre right about the other players, there is a reason other teams feared tennessee back in the day.

VN Store

Back