Per report Jennings is officially back....

Juan Jennings is officially back on the team says Pruitt. He won't practice this spring as he has to recover from his knee injury which had surgery. Good news that he will definitely be back. Pruitt says meanwhile he's doing what he asked to do and is a good teammate.

Reactions: 4 people
If the coaches and the team are ok with it then hopefully he can turn the attitude around and take advantage of a second chance. They don't come around often.
I'm sure there are some rules and parameters in place that he will have to follow in order to stay.
Can't picture this staff allowing anything to disrupt what they are trying to create

Reactions: 1 person
Yea. Unless we lose all our starters we should win at least 6. We will be ok. I hate the loser mentality some here have.

There can be a fine line between the “loser mentality” and honestly/realistically evaluating and projecting how good or bad a team will perform based on their situation. But anybody suggesting this or quite honestly ANY Tennessee Vols football team should only win 3 or 4 games in a season, EVER, is being ridiculous and, quite honestly, a loser. This team should absolutely, at a minimum, win 6-7 games and make a bowl game imho.

Last edited:
Welcome back.

tenhail.0.gif

“Juan, when did you know you’d catch that ball”?
Juan- “when coach called the play”.

Boom

Reactions: 6 people
There can be a fine line between the “loser mentality” and honestly/realistically evaluating and projecting how good or bad a team will perform based on their situation. But anybody suggesting this or quite honestly ANY Tennessee Vols football team should only win 3 or 4 games in a season, EVER, is being ridiculous and, quite honestly, a loser. This team should absolutely, at a minimum, win 6-7 games and make a bowl game imho.

Well. ..I think this football team is contaminated with the, "Oh yeah? Watch this while we make you prophets into liars." virus the basketball team was inrfected with.

Put the dayum syringe down! They don't want the antidote!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    514.1 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

Quite the contrary. I'm a big proponent of self-motivation and direction. Coaches get almost all of the blame for failure (many times justifiably) but the players produce results on the field. This group has a track record we can examine objectively, the worst record in school history and one of the very few teams in the entire country with no conference wins last year. No, I'm not a rabid optimist, but I would love to be proven wrong about this bunch. Using the phrase "loser mentality" implies that my ideas abut the football program bleed over into other areas of my life. I'm pretty sure I'm not a loser. I would be so bold as to suggest that if Tennessee can't get the football program fixed pronto, it's time to consider novel alternate uses of university time and energy.

I agree. I can see saying we won't win 8 games, but to say we should be okay with, and should expect and accept 3 or 4 wins is just succumbing to the loser mentality.

Pruitt said that JJ still has some things on his list that he must do to remain on the team.

He also said that in order to complete some of those requirements that JJ must be on the team so he reinstated JJ so he can keep working to complete his reinstatement work.

So far, so good, keep your head on straight, work hard and get everything done right so we'll see you making big plays this season JJ.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Quite the contrary. I'm a big proponent of self-motivation and direction. Coaches get almost all of the blame for failure (many times justifiably) but the players produce results on the field. This group has a track record we can examine objectively, the worst record in school history and one of the very few teams in the entire country with no conference wins last year. No, I'm not a rabid optimist, but I would love to be proven wrong about this bunch. Using the phrase "loser mentality" implies that my ideas abut the football program bleed over into other areas of my life. I'm pretty sure I'm not a loser. I would be so bold as to suggest that if Tennessee can't get the football program fixed pronto, it's time to consider novel alternate uses of university time and energy.

Everything in the post I wrote that you responded to was only in context of Fans (not players or coaches) regarding the football team (not yours or anyone’s personal life).

VN Store

Back