OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXIII

Interesting timing.

This reminds me of a particular story in the Bible. Remember when the disciples were in the ship and the storm came, and they were afraid? Just before that they were on shore with everyone else, and had just seen the miracle of Jesus feeding everyone. Everyone else got to stay on land, but Jesus told these guys to get on the boat. He knew full well they were about to go through a storm that would shake their faith. However, he also knew he was about to show these particular guys a delivering power that everyone else wouldn't see when he said peace be still. They even said during the storm "don't he care that we perish". At that moment when they felt all hope was gone, he delivered them, and they saw him do something great, and it changed them. It's hard to understand sometimes why we go through things, but in those times when faith is all we have, it's like we can feel God in a way that's hard to explain to others, when we fully depend on him. I'm sure other people thought the disciples were crazy, but they knew what God had done in their storm. Sorry so long, just thought about that since OS posted, then you sharing this made me feel like I should post it. Hopefully he finds his peace.

This reminds me of a particular story in the Bible. Remember when the disciples were in the ship and the storm came, and they were afraid? Just before that they were on shore with everyone else, and had just seen the miracle of Jesus feeding everyone. Everyone else got to stay on land, but Jesus told these guys to get on the boat. He knew full well they were about to go through a storm that would shake their faith. However, he also knew he was about to show these particular guys a delivering power that everyone else wouldn't see when he said peace be still. They even said during the storm "don't he care that we perish". At that moment when they felt all hope was gone, he delivered them, and they saw him do something great, and it changed them. It's hard to understand sometimes why we go through things, but in those times when faith is all we have, it's like we can feel God in a way that's hard to explain to others, when we fully depend on him. I'm sure other people thought the disciples were crazy, but they knew what God had done in their storm. Sorry so long, just thought about that since OS posted, then you sharing this made me feel like I should post it. Hopefully he finds his peace.

Awesome example joe. Thanks for the post

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back