One of twitch’s biggest streamers laments “boring” state of sports games.

I agree with everything he said.

Yeah, he's not wrong. It's funny where he mentioned WWE 2k24 to start out when it comes to boring. I'll still get my time out of it,but they've cut so much from Universe Mode now that was so beloved by fans that you can't do promos in that where you can in GM mode which has little replay value. Universe mode has been the same going on 3 years now. The last truly great 2k game imo was 2k19 where I played that 2 years straight. HCTP is a classic. 2k has been a bit lazy in that regard.

I guess that's why I'm not looking forward to MLB:the show. It just comes off as more of the same as someone who mostly plays RTTS. I can't wait until NCAA football 25 though to see how it turns out.

EA has been making the same Madden game now for about 6 years. There’s literally no difference between my pS4 Madden and the one I just got. I usually don’t buy Madden that often, but I got 24 on sale after buying it for the last time in 2020. It’s the same game. Same player models. Same player model movements.same reactions. Same terrible sideline player models. Same bugs in the game. It’s ****ing awful. I never buy any EA game on release now and haven’t for years.

EA has been making the same Madden game now for about 6 years. There’s literally no difference between my pS4 Madden and the one I just got. I usually don’t buy Madden that often, but I got 24 on sale after buying it for the last time in 2020. It’s the same game. Same player models. Same player model movements.same reactions. Same terrible sideline player models. Same bugs in the game. It’s ****ing awful. I never buy any EA game on release now and haven’t for years.
It amazes me at how many gamers there are who seem to be oblivious to this or simply dont care! They just blindly pay 70 bucks a year for a roster update with no thought whatsoever. It seems as involuntary to them as breathing. Same with Call of Duty. In fact, I know gamers who literally play nothing else but Madden, Call of Duty, and maybe NBA 2K. Rinse and repeat year, after year, after year. Its a shame to be so myopic when there are so many fantastic games that get released every year and are more deserving to be played.

It amazes me at how many gamers there are who seem to be oblivious to this or simply dont care! They just blindly pay 70 bucks a year for a roster update with no thought whatsoever. It seems as involuntary to them as breathing. Same with Call of Duty. In fact, I know gamers who literally play nothing else but Madden, Call of Duty, and maybe NBA 2K. Rinse and repeat year, after year, after year. Its a shame to be so myopic when there are so many fantastic games that get released every year and are more deserving to be played.
I'm guilty of this with the wrestling game I previously mentioned the last few years. I'm not buying it next year, and planning on waiting a few years between sports franchises like I used to. I haven't played Madden since the early 2000s ,but I've heard its like a new paint job every year.

This year is a great year for gaming outside of the annual releases.I agree with you there.

Yeah, my son wants the new versions. We normally the games that 2 years old and pay a 4th of the price. They just haven't made technology good enough to see a difference. They only put the new players in and that's what you're paying for

Yeah, my son wants the new versions. We normally the games that 2 years old and pay a 4th of the price. They just haven't made technology good enough to see a difference. They only put the new players in and that's what you're paying for

The PS5 is the most powerful gaming console to date. The PS5 pro is about to launch and it’s even more powerful. (No shade Xbox folks). EA could absolutely make a better Madden game. They just have no incentive to do so when people keep putting down their money on the same game every year. Why pay all those developers to build a new game from the ground up when they don’t have to?

There are games out there worth playing. It’s just way more difficult to put a quality, finished product out when the companies that own the development studios over hype the games, then rush the game to market before it’s done, and **** on their labor force with insane deadlines. I recently 100% Cyberpunk 2077 and it’s an incredible game. But it was a complete disaster when it launched up to their latest update and DLC release last year. Same with Fallout 76. I tried playing it a few years ago and it was a mess of a game that seemed more interested in extracting money from you via micro transactions than actually providing an enjoyable experience. I came back to it recently after watching the Amazon show and it’s soooooo much better. It actually feels like a fallout game. And they aren’t even using the newest engine or hardware but it still looks amazing. So it can be done it’s just the industry seems to do everything in their power to stifle creativity on these AAA releases so they can make their quarterly earnings reports look a little better.

Reactions: dalton_vol
The PS5 is the most powerful gaming console to date. The PS5 pro is about to launch and it’s even more powerful. (No shade Xbox folks). EA could absolutely make a better Madden game. They just have no incentive to do so when people keep putting down their money on the same game every year. Why pay all those developers to build a new game from the ground up when they don’t have to?

There are games out there worth playing. It’s just way more difficult to put a quality, finished product out when the companies that own the development studios over hype the games, then rush the game to market before it’s done, and **** on their labor force with insane deadlines. I recently 100% Cyberpunk 2077 and it’s an incredible game. But it was a complete disaster when it launched up to their latest update and DLC release last year. Same with Fallout 76. I tried playing it a few years ago and it was a mess of a game that seemed more interested in extracting money from you via micro transactions than actually providing an enjoyable experience. I came back to it recently after watching the Amazon show and it’s soooooo much better. It actually feels like a fallout game. And they aren’t even using the newest engine or hardware but it still looks amazing. So it can be done it’s just the industry seems to do everything in their power to stifle creativity on these AAA releases so they can make their quarterly earnings reports look a little better.

The AAA games are in trouble. Theyade that new star wars games and people are crapping on it. Apparently there are a bunch of micro transactions too. Then you got to play that woke, 70s looking softball player.

Reactions: Pennheel
The AAA games are in trouble. Theyade that new star wars games and people are crapping on it. Apparently there are a bunch of micro transactions too. Then you got to play that woke, 70s looking softball player.

Yeah,Star Wars:Outlaws... They could easily put the Jabba the Hut DLC in the main game. There's been a lot of complaints on reddit about it. I also agree about the female protagonist. They could go with a more feminine looking character. She definitely has a tomboyish look. Despite that, I'm still looking forward to it in August with it being an open world Star Wars game. It's right in my wheelhouse.

Yeah,Star Wars:Outlaws... They could easily put the Jabba the Hut DLC in the main game. There's been a lot of complaints on reddit about it. I also agree about the female protagonist. They could go with a more feminine looking character. She definitely has a tomboyish look. Despite that, I'm still looking forward to it in August with it being an open world Star Wars game. It's right in my wheelhouse.
Idk if you follow the controversy going on with sega and capcom localizations right now, but be ready for yakuza to be bastardized in woke too.

Idk if you follow the controversy going on with sega and capcom localizations right now, but be ready for yakuza to be bastardized in woke too.

I just read about it. I really hope that they don't go in that direction with the Yakuza series,but it wouldn't surprise me.

I guess we do have Stellar Blade coming up as an alternative to that.

Ubisoft sucks anyway and they have for a while now. I feared that Star Wars game might be in trouble as soon as I saw the Ubisoft logo splash on the screen. All of their games are completely generic and soulless and all of them have that "assembly line" feel to them. Regardless of what Ubisoft game you play, whether it's Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, etc. They all kind of look the same, feel the same, etc.

Ubisoft sucks anyway and they have for a while now. I feared that Star Wars game might be in trouble as soon as I saw the Ubisoft logo splash on the screen. All of their games are completely generic and soulless and all of them have that "assembly line" feel to them. Regardless of what Ubisoft game you play, whether it's Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, etc. They all kind of look the same, feel the same, etc.

Yeah, they're pretty much cut and paste

THe only sports games I play now are racing sims and golf. Everything else just suuuucks right now. Quit playing Madden in like 2010 or something. Can't wait for the new NCAA though. Hope they don't F it up too.

THe only sports games I play now are racing sims and golf. Everything else just suuuucks right now. Quit playing Madden in like 2010 or something. Can't wait for the new NCAA though. Hope they don't F it up too.
My prediction is everyone is going to love this first iteration and slowly, year over year, it's going to become like Madden where it's basically the same game over and over with roster/uniform updates.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back