Official Tennessee at LSU Game 3 Thread - Don't Get Swept Edition - 5 PM - ESPN3

Move Hunley to the pen if they don’t think they have any options. Something! Midweek games are meaningless if you can’t win enough sec games to even make it to Hoover....right?

I have followed college baseball a long time and Hunley is being developed like he should be.
It's a professional approach where he knows when he is pitching and also knows he is going to rack up innings. Moving him to the BP would hurt that development. I have said since the beginning that TV wasn't coaching this roster to develop depth. He only cares about the future and a few individuals. Hunley is one of the very select few that are going to wear orange next season imo.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. It is starting to look like he doesn’t care about this year.

He's coaching it to win as many games as possible and isn't going to put a guy on the Mound just to get experience. I like it and think he's maximizing this team

Yesterday he went away from that.
He screwed up badly not riding Lingo more than 2 hitters. He deserves criticism for yesterday

Last edited:
Just went back and watched the replay of the ninth inning and now I am even more worried about our coaches. I forgot all about Walsh being available in the pen. If you do replace Lingo, why in the hell do you put a righty in with two lefties due up?! Especially one that has only pitched 5 and 2/3 innings all season when there is a lefty available that hasn’t given up a run in conference play.
Bizarre!

hope the boys can bounce back, have each other's back, and don't start having any problems among them...just a sad time...these are the times that test the will of man... ball teams...and fans...:cray:

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have followed college baseball a long time and Hunley is being developed like he should be.
It's a professional approach where he knows when he is pitching and also knows he is going to rack up innings. Moving him to the BP would hurt that development. I have said since the beginning that TV wasn't coaching this roster to develop depth. He only cares about the future and a few individuals. Hunley is one of the very select few that are going to wear orange next season imo.

Hunley is good midweek. He would get crushed in the SEC.

Will, Stallings, TBA this week

The Vols only have 4 pitchers who have proven themselves to be able to compete in the SEC. Crochet is beginning to struggle on Fridays and Linginfelter struggled out of the pen on Sunday. Neely has been consistently good and Stallings is the Sat guy.

None of these guys would be weekend starters for the top half of the SEC. Plus, they have to be almost perfect to be effective and there are no arms behind them ready for SEC play, yet.

Sadly, it looks as if we will all be able to save our money and/or make other plans for the week of the SEC Tournament........again.

The Vols only have 4 pitchers who have proven themselves to be able to compete in the SEC.

Sadly, it looks as if we will all be able to save our money and/or make other plans for the week of the SEC Tournament........again.
We have tickets to Hoover, as always. Vols might not make it, but the SEC Baseball tournament is a great experience. :whistling:

I would like to see CTV give Hunley the Sunday start and move Crochett to the mid week to let him get some work and gain some confidence

Frank Anderson is one of the best pitching coaches in country. He’s developed plenty of guys who can go out there and right from the start TV has had complete trust in him and has even said in interviews as recent as a couple weeks ago how involved Frank is in every aspect of handling the staff. We have some absolute stud pitchers coming in next year, from juco and high school. Let’s just trust that one of the most proven pitching coaches in the country knows what he’s doing.

Hunley is good midweek. He would get crushed in the SEC.

Will, Stallings, TBA this week

And you know this how? On what basis? I have seen him throw several times either on TV or in person. He is a smart “pitcher”. Not a thrower. I agree he doesn’t throw 92......but throwing 92 does not automatically mean you can pitch. There is much more to it than that. From what I have seen he has great control of three pitches and can throw any of them at any time.

I say give him a shot.

better defense (all 9 innings and all games) and better timely hitting we wouldn't even be having this conversation.....IMO.

Thats all I'm saying until CTV gets his players here for 2 years. After 2 recruiting classes the jury will be out. Overall, exceeding expectations from what I envisioned.

Reactions: 3 people
better defense (all 9 innings and all games) and better timely hitting we wouldn't even be having this conversation.....IMO.

Thats all I'm saying until CTV gets his players here for 2 years. After 2 recruiting classes the jury will be out. Overall, exceeding expectations from what I envisioned.

Well said...

Reactions: 2 people
Listened to the CTV radio spot yesterday on WNML. Sounds like he may change things up this weekend. If I’m not mistaken, I thought he said Crochet is not throwing Friday night. Anyone else catch that?

Very interesting that Hunley pitched one inning tonight out of the pen.

Either means his starting Friday night or more likely going to be in the bullpen.

On radio Monday I’m pretty sure Vitello said Crochet isn’t starting on Friday night. My guess is Hunley is the starter.

VN Store

Back