Official Nashville Predators Thread

Watson is supended for 27 games. Seems crazy long to me for a simple domestic. Someone that follows league news a little more closely than I is this standard?

I didn't think it'd be that many games.

He was very forthcoming throughout the whole situation. He never lied (even admitted to hitting her to the cops) and didn't attempt to make an excuse (that I've seen).

Watson is supended for 27 games. Seems crazy long to me for a simple domestic. Someone that follows league news a little more closely than I is this standard?
Not really. If he was an NFL player of similar skill, he'd probably be suspended then cut by his team and not picked up by anyone else.

They make the Browns look like a well oiled machine.
Eh, at least Ottawa almost made the Finals a couple seasons ago.

Why didn't they deal him to a team with more attractive prospects? The Norris kid was a first rounder in 2017, but doesn't seem like a needle-mover. The other prospect was a 5th round pick in 2015. Tierney and DeMelo are warm bodies.

Not really. If he was an NFL player of similar skill, he'd probably be suspended then cut by his team and not picked up by anyone else.

That’s not true. There are a bunch players in the nfl that have been arrested for domestic and not been cut. He pushed her, way different than punching her in the face. Either way 27 games seems steep to me.

That’s not true. There are a bunch players in the nfl that have been arrested for domestic and not been cut. He pushed her, way different than punching her in the face. Either way 27 games seems steep to me.
Who? There have been NFL guys suspended lately (Ezekiel Elliott, Jameis Winston) who were suspended after an NFL "investigation" that determined they violated the personal conduct policy. Zeke was suspended 6 games (37.5% of the season, slightly longer than Watson's suspension), and he's a superstar player who gets benefit of the doubt/second chances. He was not charged with any crime or even arrested, much less either found/plead guilty to something.

Watson would absolutely be done if he were an NFL player of a similar skill level. He'd be more well-known, and the NFL doesn't have the greatest reputation for that sort of thing at the moment. I don't mean "done" as in banned for life, but he'd be suspended, then cut, and probably not picked up by another team.

Reuben Foster
Roy Miller
Tramaine Brock
Will Parks
Ethan Westbrooks

That’s a quick search. Saw an article yesterday that said 33 active players have been arrested for domestic. Hell, 30% of the season may be the average suspension for domestic across all the leagues, just seemed to be a lot. Especially since all he did was push her.

Reuben Foster's girlfriend recanted the whole thing, said she made it up for money. Not comparable to Watson.
Roy Miller was suspended, then retired after that year. That's probably code for "nobody was interested."
Tramaine Brock was suspended, then cut by the Niners, although the Broncos did pick him back up. Watson has not been cut by his current team.
Will Parks - I see no follow up after he was arrested. He's still on the team and wasn't suspended by the league. Was everything dropped? If so, it isn't comparable to Watson.
Ethan Westbrooks - the story I see is that he was arrested on suspicion of a stolen handgun, not domestic violence. Not comparable to Watson.

Watson would be subject to much greater scrutiny if he were an NFL player, for sure.

Eh, at least Ottawa almost made the Finals a couple seasons ago.

Why didn't they deal him to a team with more attractive prospects? The Norris kid was a first rounder in 2017, but doesn't seem like a needle-mover. The other prospect was a 5th round pick in 2015. Tierney and DeMelo are warm bodies.
I wouldn’t say Tierney and DeMelo are warm bodies. Tierney scored 40 points last season and DeMelo had 20 in his first year as a full time D-man. But I am more than excited to see back line that could roll three pairings with a Norris trophy caliber D-Man.

VN Store

Back