Official Mayweather VS McGregor Thread

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
Let's get this conversation started!

Who ya got and why?

Also, Ready to hear some negative folks against the highly anticipated fight!

Mayweather because he is the best boxer in the world

This. he'll completely outclass McGregor and win by decision because he's got brittle hands

I usually don't throw around has no shot but in this I'm 100% confident McGregor has no shot at winning. You can count the times Floyd has been truly tagged in the last 10 yrs on your fingers and that's from world class boxers

Reactions: 2 people
This. he'll completely outclass McGregor and win by decision because he's got brittle hands

I usually don't throw around has no shot but in this I'm 100% confident McGregor has no shot at winning. You can count the times Floyd has been truly tagged in the last 10 yrs on your fingers and that's from world class boxers

Not throwing shade.

But.

Boxing in the MMA requires the same set of skills.

He's got more than that, i think he'll wear down around 8 or 9. It'll still go 12, Mayweather isn't knocking anybody out.

Concur with that last part.

I'm just going by his previous fights but didn't put much stock into him only dancing not throwing leg kicks constantly.

I do think he will throw at least 2 illegal punches.

Didn't take it that way but fighters with much better boxing skill in any and every way couldn't get hands on Floyd so a dude with nice hands in mma surely isn't

Striking and defensive skills are the same in both worlds. You have to anticipate punches and know how to defend them. I understand what you're saying but I think all the training Connor has received is going to help him significantly.

I'm not convinced McGregor can't beat a 40 year old Mayweather. Idc if he was the greatest of the generation, time will eventually conquer everyone. Just have to wait and see if it's caught up to Mayweather enough.

Striking and defensive skills are the same in both worlds. You have to anticipate punches and know how to defend them. I understand what you're saying but I think all the training Connor has received is going to help him significantly.

True same training but not at the same level as a boxer. In mma you've got so much to worry about going into a fight unlike boxing where you spend decades into your craft. Just go look at videos of hand speed between Floyd and McGregor it's ridiculous how far apart they are. And finally a couple months of training specifically training for boxing isn't going to make him a better boxer than Manny or Cabell who Floyd beat with ease. It'll go 12 because Floyd has weak hands but he will never be in any danger of losing the fight and by the end it won't be a close fight

Reactions: 1 person
McGregor has the same chance a boxer would in MMA, land one big punch, other than that he's going to get worked.

Yes and no, Connor has to rework his whole stance and thought process as far a defense goes. You have to keep your hands tighter, higher and closer to you in boxing (unless you are RJJ) MMA a little lower and looser for punches, kicks, and TDs. The longer it goes the harder it'll be for him to remain disciplined with the new stuff he's learned, hard to break years of training in a few months. Honestly Nate would be a better boxing matchup for Floyd. IMO

Last edited:
I'm not convinced McGregor can't beat a 40 year old Mayweather. Idc if he was the greatest of the generation, time will eventually conquer everyone. Just have to wait and see if it's caught up to Mayweather enough.

This is a good point, when age catches you in combat sports it's quick and ugly.

Well most didn't think Manny would lose to Horn...

I still think d-bag wins, but man would I love to see CM knock him the f*** out.

Not exactly. In boxing they load up on their front foot to generate more power. If you do that in mma, your going to be on your back or your front knee will be ripped to shreds from kicks.

Mayweather picks McGregor apart for 5 rounds and stands flat footed in the 6th and KOs McGregor. I will bet anybody who wants to take McGregor. This is the biggest lock in the history of boxing, imo.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, I just want McGregor to say screw the rules, take Mayweather to the ground and beat him to oblivion or submission hold him. Sure he'd lose, but I think that's what we all really wanna see. McGregor boxing is boring as heck to me. Screw the rules. Take him down and pound him.

VN Store

Back