Official Global Warming thread (merged)

Indeed. 2030 or 2040.

I’d like to see Bart come on here and talk about how amazing the Paris thing is.

I liked some of the reactions to Trump not signing it better.

"Oh yeah?! We're doing it anyway! We're gonna show Trump who's boss!"

Without the federal government mandating it.

Reactions: ajvol01
Laugh it up all you want. The only reason ours has gone down is because we didn’t sign and as a result millions of people died. So there are less people polluting and that blood is on Trump’s hands. For shame.
Are Boston; NYC, DC, Florida, San Diego, Los Angeles, and Seattle completely under water now?

Laugh it up all you want. The only reason ours has gone down is because we didn’t sign and as a result millions of people died. So there are less people polluting and that blood is on Trump’s hands. For shame.
I spit my cereal on the bed laughing, well done.

Would be lifesaving if anything in that article comes to fruition.

The African youth boom: what's worrying Bill Gates

What worries Bill Gates most? The booming population of Africa looms over his foundation’s latest global survey. By the end of this century there will be 4 billion more people on Earth – and 3 billion of these extra souls will be born in Africa. The challenge, he says, is that “Africa must almost quadruple its agricultural productivity to feed itself. That’s very daunting.”

Would be lifesaving if anything in that article comes to fruition.

The African youth boom: what's worrying Bill Gates

I tend to have a deeper view on that. Not thre article you posted, but the unintended consequences of such things.

To me, what are the global consequences of such things? For those that think we shouldn't be meddling in the global climate, turning a desert into farmland is a pretty big change.

it would take a long time for the environment to shift enough even with rain for them to support agriculture.

For sure, the article is just spitting out theoretical results of the solar farms.

Africa is lacking the infrastructure and capital to bump up its agricultural productivity. Things that need to be invested in now.

For sure, the article is just spitting out theoretical results of the solar farms.

Africa is lacking the infrastructure and capital to bump up its agricultural productivity. Things that need to be invested in now.
Zimbabwe was an agricultural powerhouse until Robert Mugabe came along. Now, South Africa is following the Zimbabwean model. You can invest all the money you want, but if you don't have actual, real farmers tending to the fields and livestock, the system will fail.

VN Store

Back