Official Global Warming thread (merged)

I consider myself neither a climate change denier or believer.

I feel like we as humans simply do not have a large enough sample size to be able to extrapolate what the temperature will be in several hundred years. Humans had only started recording temperature data in 1880. The earth has been around for millions of years. For all we know, an increase in temperature could just be a cyclical occurrence every x amount of years. We just don't know.

Furthermore, meteorologists can't even accurately predict what the weather will be like in a week. You really expect me to believe that you are 100% certain of what the climate will be in a couple hundred years? Color me skeptical.

Reactions: 2 people

I feel like we as humans simply do not have a large enough sample size to be able to extrapolate what the temperature will be in several hundred years. Humans had only started recording temperature data in 1880. The earth has been around for millions of years. For all we know, an increase in temperature could just be a cyclical occurrence every x amount of years. We just don't know.

Furthermore, meteorologists can't even accurately predict what the weather will be like in a week. You really expect me to believe that you are 100% certain of what the climate will be in a couple hundred years? Color me skeptical.

Exactly.

There are things you should consider such as ice core paleoclimatology. Scientists drill deep into ancient ice masses like the Greenlland ice cap, polar ice caps, etc to remove ice cores. Much can be learned from these.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Paleoclimatology_IceCores/

Last edited:
More Evidence, Global Warming is Fake
Synopsis:
At least once a month, yet another headline appears in the MSM that supposedly supports that man-made global warming is real and the result will be Armageddon.
So here’s the latest one. Over the past week, automated weather stations across Los Angeles have reported record-high temperatures. However, one veteran LA weatherman, Anthony Watts, explained the phenomena in his blog, “Watts Up With That?”
Watts explained that these automated weather stations were installed years ago and asphalt and concrete have grown up around them. For example, the downtown Los Angeles weather station – the one that reported a record 108 degrees a week ago, sits atop a parking garage surrounded by vehicles.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkyMPtN1ObE[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Lord help us. Doesn't appear the Inhofe look alike understands that "X is not evidence for Y" does not imply "X is evidence for not-Y."

A lot of these data that are collected are erroneous. That's the point. When we know that, it pretty much hurts their case. This happens quite a bit unfortunately.

More Evidence, Global Warming is Fake

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkyMPtN1ObE[/youtube]

Man made global warming is absolutely fake. However, the earth warms and cools over the years. It's always been like this and always will.

I have a friend that holds a PHD in meteorology and atmospheric physics and is also studying seasonal and climate forecasting. He has sent me several pictures of weather reporting stations that have been placed near biased sources such as Airplane runways, hot roof tops, ect. He laughs at the global warming alarmists, just like I do.

Here's the thing; both weather and climate are predicted with the use of computer models. I have been an amateur forecaster for about 20 years now and I can tell you that even the updated, latest greatest NAM, EURO, and GFS Models are only accurate about 3 days out from a major weather event, sometimes not even that.

Now, having this knowledge in hand any reasonably intelligent person would conclude that there is less than a 1 in 10,000 chance that the models that are trying to predict weather/climate decades, even hundreds of year from now would be correct.

The global warming conspiracy is nothing more than another reason for the lefties to expand government control into our lives and steal our money. Only a moron would wish for global cooling because that leads to famine and death!

Well, technically, what is described is man-made and causes warming.😁

It's well-known that large cities like that are heat sinks. They all create anomalous heat blooms.

I have some thoughts on this video:

* This guy literally spent 1 minute and 45 seconds of a 4 minute and 15 second video hawking a gosh darn flashlight.

* His conclusion was nothing more than "the scales could be tipped just a bit" (in certain places - he only mentioned a few) due to the placement of the recording devices where some of the data is being collected. That's not exactly earth shattering.

* I at least give him some credit for supporting his opinion with science rather than politics. Most conservatives won't (or can't) discuss the science of global warming. They just talk politics with an insult thrown in: "Al Gore is a loon, therefore global warming isn't real."

Man made global warming is absolutely fake. However, the earth warms and cools over the years. It's always been like this and always will.

I have a friend that holds a PHD in meteorology and atmospheric physics and is also studying seasonal and climate forecasting. He has sent me several pictures of weather reporting stations that have been placed near biased sources such as Airplane runways, hot roof tops, ect. He laughs at the global warming alarmists, just like I do.

Here's the thing; both weather and climate are predicted with the use of computer models. I have been an amateur forecaster for about 20 years now and I can tell you that even the updated, latest greatest NAM, EURO, and GFS Models are only accurate about 3 days out from a major weather event, sometimes not even that.

Now, having this knowledge in hand any reasonably intelligent person would conclude that there is less than a 1 in 10,000 chance that the models that are trying to predict weather/climate decades, even hundreds of year from now would be correct.

The global warming conspiracy is nothing more than another reason for the lefties to expand government control into our lives and steal our money. Only a moron would wish for global cooling because that leads to famine and death!

:good!:

Well said. We also had Global Cooling. It was called the Ice Age with all them Glaciers and sh!t. Even carved out the finger lakes up north when they receded. Was it man made warming when they melted and receded?:loco:

Also, remember this beauty, April 28, 1973:

Attachments

• newsweek20cooling.jpg
    newsweek20cooling.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person
:good!:

Well said. We also had Global Cooling. It was called the Ice Age with all them Glaciers and sh!t. Even carved out the finger lakes up north when they receded. Was it man made warming when they melted and receded?:loco:

Also, remember this beauty, April 28, 1973:

Yep, I remember my parents telling me that a lot of people were convinced that another ice age was on its way in the 70's. Heck, temperatures were significantly warmer in the middle ages and some how, someway, this earth as well as humanity survived.

bump. US greenhouse emissions decreased, while the rest of the world increased in 2017. Yay Paris!

EPA Reports That U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions Have Dropped

also interesting to note that Transportation has passed energy creation as leading source of US carbon. not sure if energy production includes making the fuel for cars or if that falls under the transportation category.

bump. US greenhouse emissions decreased, while the rest of the world increased in 2017. Yay Paris!

EPA Reports That U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions Have Dropped

also interesting to note that Transportation has passed energy creation as leading source of US carbon. not sure if energy production includes making the fuel for cars or if that falls under the transportation category.

What's even more funny is the fact China leads the increase, yet was going to get a pass under the Paris Treaty until 2040 IIRC.

VN Store

Back