Official Countdown to the 2019 Season

96930-6817422Fr.jpg

Reactions: The Dog
I actually played baseball against Preston Warren when I was a freshman at Fulton and he was a senior at Catholic. The game was at Winona and they won the game, but it was close

That was back when Catholic was on Magnolia Ave., am I right? He was quite an athlete, Preston.

That was back when Catholic was on Magnolia Ave., am I right? He was quite an athlete, Preston.
Yes, sir. Pretty sure Warren was like all-KIL in basketball and football, along with playing center field for a really good Catholic baseball team. I could be wrong, but I think he ran track, too.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Although he would eventually wear #89, even the great Larry Seivers wore #21 briefly.

Seivers-Larry(hs).jpg
I was at the Liberty Bowl when Larry Seivers went high in the end zone to make the catch that defeated Maryland.......what a catch it was
Maryland had the great Randy White, All American defensive player, man was it cold that night
Go Vols

21 days.

#21, Shanon Reid, LB, Sophomore

Screen-Shot-2017-04-14-at-11.45.29-AM_qyh3mn.png

2017 Games Played/Started: 7/0
Tallied his first tackle, a solo stop, at Alabama
Made his first appearance in SEC play vs. South Carolina
Made his collegiate debut in the home opener vs. Indiana State
Rated as a 4 Star Recruit by 247, 3 Star by ESPN, Rivals and Scout
Four-year letterwinner for Dunbar High School and served as captain for one year
Was also a three-year letterwinner on the baseball team and a two-year letterwinner for basketball

I actually played baseball against Preston Warren when I was a freshman at Fulton and he was a senior at Catholic. The game was at Winona and they won the game, but it was close

I played baseball against the great Al and Charlie White, (Reggie White's dad and uncle) they where quite the players back in the day, we played in the old Tri-State amateur baseball league and most games were played at the old Engle Stadium in Chattanooga
Now I'm telling my age:)
Go Vols

20 days.

#20, Cheyenne Labruzza, DB, RS Freshman

7_7534687.jpg

2017 Games Played/Started: 4/0
Made 2017-18 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll
Saw action in his first SEC game at Florida
Made his collegiate debut in the home opener vs. Indiana State
Rated as a 4 Star Recruit by Scout, 3 Star by ESPN, Rivals and 247
Attended Nike Sparq Combine

The present day Neyland Stadium, Shields-Watkins Field, had its beginning in 1919. Col. W.S. Shields, president of Knoxville's City National Bank and a UT trustee, provided the initial capital to prepare and equip an athletic field. Thus, when the field was completed in March 1921, it was called Shields-Watkins Field in honor of the donor and his wife, Alice Watkins-Shields.

ab1b324d232a74dcd3669997aa1887d9721f9a49f0661ca7f6f1f5789f56cd67_large

Incidentally, 1919 was the first year Tennessee fielded a football squad following a 2 year (1917-'18) suspension of athletics due to WWI.​

Reactions: Tin Man and The Dog
19 days

#19, Darrell Taylor, DL, RS Junior

GettyImages-842676042-1_woueyu.jpg

CAREER HIGHS:

Tackles: 12 vs. Georgia Tech
Tackles for Loss: 2 vs. Southern Miss
Quarterback Hurries: 3 vs. Tennessee Tech
Sacks: 2 vs. Southern Miss
Forced Fumble: 1 vs. Georgia
Fumble Recovery: 1 at Florida

CAREER STATS:

2017 Games Played/Started: 10/7
Tallied 27 tackles, 4.0 TFLs, five hurries and two forced fumbles
Made two sacks for a loss of 14 yards vs. Southern Miss
Forced the first fumble of his career during No. 7 Georgia’s opening drive of the third quarter, forcing the Bulldogs to punt.
Recorded first-career sack when he tackled Florida’s Feleipe Franks for a 15-yard loss on a 2nd-and-8. He also recovered the first fumble of his career in the third quarter
Made first-career start and made a career-high 12 tackles in season-opening win over Georgia Tech in Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
2016 Games Played/Started: 8/0
Made career debut vs. Virginia Tech in the Battle at Bristol, recording two tackles
Recorded career highs with three tackles, one TFL three QB hurries and one pass breakup against Tennessee Tech
Consensus 4 Star Recruit by all major services

I played baseball against the great Al and Charlie White, (Reggie White's dad and uncle) they where quite the players back in the day, we played in the old Tri-State amateur baseball league and most games were played at the old Engle Stadium in Chattanooga
Now I'm telling my age:)
Go Vols
Whippersnapper...

VN Store

Back