Official Bracketology Thread

The SEC in basketball has recently gotten a bad rap. The SEC is 2nd in National Titles, 2nd in NBA draft picks and has one of the best winning %'s in the tournament. The ACC plays no one or rarely outside the league except for UNC and Duke. And they do not always play a great non conference. ESPN props them up and they get high seeds. Most years, other then UNC and Duke, they usually get no one out of the first weekend even with high seeds. It is just a joke. The SEC was by far the best conference last year and will probably be again this year when it is all said and done.

Rank Conference All-time bids
1 ACC 381
2 Big Ten 298
3 SEC 269
4 Pac-12 248
5 Big 12 246
6 Big East 242
7 The American 195
8 Atlantic 10 148
9 Mountain West 118
9 West Coast 118
11 Conference USA 112
12 Ivy 74
13 Mid-American 72
14 Missouri Valley 65
15 Patriot 54
16 Big Sky 53
17 Ohio Valley 52
18 MAAC 48
18 Sun Belt 48
20 Southern 42

3rd in all time bids even with the ACC bias.

Championships by conference membership at the time of tournaments
Conference Wins Years won Ref(s)
Pac-12 Conference (1915–current) 15
Atlantic Coast Conference (1953–current) 14
Southeastern Conference (1932–current) 11
Big Ten Conference (1896–current) 10
Big East Conference (1979–current) 8

I don't think I've heard a single person say or imply that the SEC is bad this season. In fact, quite the contrary. Not only has that been discussed here, I'm pretty sure the commentators for all of our games have discussed the strength of the SEC this year.

With a win I see us moving to 14 or 15 in the polls and to a 4 seed in the way too early brackets.

This is waaaay early but if we somehow got a top see we could potentially play at Charlotte/Nashville for the first two rounds and then in Atlanta for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8.

What seeds get the "favorable locations"? Top 16 (1-4 in each region)?

It really just depends. Using the latest bracketology on ESPN as an example, in Tennessee's case, it may be better to be the "best" 6 seed playing the first weekend in Charlotte than being the "worst" 5 seed playing in San Diego.

Another example, Kentucky is probably the worst 3 seed, and so instead of drawing the favorable location of Nashville, they are put out in Wichita.

Reactions: 1 person
It really just depends. Using the latest bracketology on ESPN as an example, in Tennessee's case, it may be better to be the "best" 6 seed playing the first weekend in Charlotte than being the "worst" 5 seed playing in San Diego.

Another example, Kentucky is probably the worst 3 seed, and so instead of drawing the favorable location of Nashville, they are put out in Wichita.

And just as I say that, we move to the 5 seed, and play in San Diego in the newest ESPN bracketology. Playing San Diego St., no less.

VN Store

Back