O &W game concerns

Neyland123

President Vol
One of the biggest concerns ( which it was several) was the punting. To me our punting game looked bad. I think we are really going to miss Trevor Daniel. He could change field position with his punting and we know special teams is a big part of a game.

Reactions: 2 people
One of the biggest concerns ( which it was several) was the punting. To me our punting game looked bad. I think we are really going to miss Trevor Daniel. He could change field position with his punting and we know special teams is a big part of a game.

Daniel was arguably the best punter in our history, which is amazing. Nobody new will be close to him

Reactions: 1 person
The biggest concern, according to Pruitt:

Neyland-Stadium-Tour-3_abc15514-5056-a348-3a824d887345e5a7.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

A crucial segment of the game that’s often overlooked by most. Daniel is one of the best punters I’ve ever seen. He had an uncanny talent for hitting the most accurate “kill shots” at the right times. His talent and positive impact on our team got lost in the tragedy that was the 2017 season. Can’t wait to see him play in the NFL.

Reactions: 5 people
Defense looked soft against a rebuilding offensive line.

I could go on, but I think that the team that takes the field in Charlotte on 9/1 will have 8-12 different starters.

JWB

Daniel was arguably the best punter in our history, which is amazing. Nobody new will be close to him
Daniel was a tremendous punter, no doubt. However, I can think of many ex-Vol punters that made it in the NFL. Ron Widby, Herman Weaver, Jimmy, Craig, Dustin, and Britton Colquitt, Matt Darr, and Michael Palardy. I have probably forgotten somebody.

Defense line.

If they can’t get to the QB with the down lineman and stop the ball it’s going to be a long year. A CB best friend is the d-line pass Rush!

guys...we're not going to be that good this year. we all know this. it's going to be ok.

Daniel was a tremendous punter, no doubt. However, I can think of many ex-Vol punters that made it in the NFL. Ron Widby, Herman Weaver, Jimmy, Craig, Dustin, and Britton Colquitt, Matt Darr, and Michael Palardy. I have probably forgotten somebody.
Fu-ad

I agree the punting was poor. Which is what makes it strange our field goal kicker looked so good.

If I were Pruitt I would send a recruiter on an all expenses paid vacation to Australia to find an Australian rules rugby player. Those guys make the best punters. They can get rid of the ball quickly and just kill it for distance.

We do not have the offensive talent right now so this year we will need a punter.

We don't have offensive talent??? Callaway, Jennings, Trey Smith, Chance Hall, Ty Chandler, etc. Those guys aren't talented. We still have a lot of 4 and 5 stars on the roster.

Reactions: 2 people
We don't have offensive talent??? Callaway, Jennings, Trey Smith, Chance Hall, Ty Chandler, etc. Those guys aren't talented. We still have a lot of 4 and 5 stars on the roster.
I think it is a preemptive coping mechanism for some to say that kind of stuff.

O&W game really did nothing to change any of my concerns. This team will look a lot different come fall than it does in April.

Neal Clabo

I'm more worried about the cornerbacks and the OL.

I think the OL will be fine if Hall and Smith both get healthy. CB is going to be limited this year.

DL depth.
LB has some talent and more coming but getting that group together may take some time.

VN Store

Back