O &W game concerns

Neyland123

President Vol
One of the biggest concerns ( which it was several) was the punting. To me our punting game looked bad. I think we are really going to miss Trevor Daniel. He could change field position with his punting and we know special teams is a big part of a game.

Grudenator

One of the biggest concerns ( which it was several) was the punting. To me our punting game looked bad. I think we are really going to miss Trevor Daniel. He could change field position with his punting and we know special teams is a big part of a game.
Daniel was arguably the best punter in our history, which is amazing. Nobody new will be close to him

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
A crucial segment of the game that’s often overlooked by most. Daniel is one of the best punters I’ve ever seen. He had an uncanny talent for hitting the most accurate “kill shots” at the right times. His talent and positive impact on our team got lost in the tragedy that was the 2017 season. Can’t wait to see him play in the NFL.

Sat330pmAppt

Pawn in Game of Life
Defense looked soft against a rebuilding offensive line.

I could go on, but I think that the team that takes the field in Charlotte on 9/1 will have 8-12 different starters.

JWB

1972 Grad

Daniel was arguably the best punter in our history, which is amazing. Nobody new will be close to him
Daniel was a tremendous punter, no doubt. However, I can think of many ex-Vol punters that made it in the NFL. Ron Widby, Herman Weaver, Jimmy, Craig, Dustin, and Britton Colquitt, Matt Darr, and Michael Palardy. I have probably forgotten somebody.

Hawkeye4588

I agree the punting was poor. Which is what makes it strange our field goal kicker looked so good.

If I were Pruitt I would send a recruiter on an all expenses paid vacation to Australia to find an Australian rules rugby player. Those guys make the best punters. They can get rid of the ball quickly and just kill it for distance.

VN Store

Sponsors