Now the world finds out just how good Alvin Kamara really is...

He was a bell cow at Tennessee after Hurd.... He got hurt.

He had about a two game stretch where you could say that but then followed that up with a Bama game with sub 10 carries and was out for a couple.

He would still have a good year, but he definitely wouldn't have a 6.07/YPC average, which seems to be the only thing that The Eye Test™ registers.

D4H wouldn't know what to do with himself if Kamara had 287 carries on the season, and averaged 3.9/YPC.

Pretty bad ass use of the trademark there man .. that didn't go unnoticed :lolabove:

He would still have a good year, but he definitely wouldn't have a 6.07/YPC average, which seems to be the only thing that The Eye Test™ registers.

D4H wouldn't know what to do with himself if Kamara had 287 carries on the season, and averaged 3.9/YPC.

Alvin Kamara is a once in a generation talent. He's not a scrub like Leonard Fournette. He would never average such a pathetic YPC average.

I correctly predicted Alvin Kamara would be a SUPERSTAR and I correctly predicted the MEDIOCRITY that would be Leonard Fournette.

Alvin Kamara is a once in a generation talent. He's not a scrub like Leonard Fournette. He would never average such a pathetic YPC average.

I correctly predicted Alvin Kamara would be a SUPERSTAR and I correctly predicted the MEDIOCRITY that would be Leonard Fournette.

What's pathetic is calling a guy mediocre with 1k yards in his rookie season as a feature back with over 250 carries. What's pathetic is you in fantasy land pretending to have a clue about football. That's pathetic. Fournette never had a game with less than 12 carries, he averaged over 20 per game and had 20+ in each of the playoff games. And he was the bell cow and the key component of Jacksonville's offense to the point that the other defenses were keying on him, certainly not Bortles.

Reactions: 2 people

Feel free to go back over that last decade or so, and look at the YPC for guys with 250+ attempts per season.

What's pathetic is calling a guy mediocre with 1k yards in his rookie season as a feature back with over 250 carries. What's pathetic is you in fantasy land pretending to have a clue about football. That's pathetic. Fournette never had a game with less than 12 carries, he averaged over 20 per game and had 20+ in each of the playoff games. And he was the bell cow and the key component of Jacksonville's offense to the point that the other defenses were keying on him, certainly not Bortles.

Nobody with more than 200c faced more 8+ defenders in the box than Fournette, who dealt with that front on 48.51% of his carries. For comparison Kamara was at 16.67%.

Reactions: 1 person

Leonard Fournette's lack of ability to be a great RB will get exposed this year when he has another 3.5 YPC season and the Jags don't make the playoffs.

Leonard Fournette's lack of ability to be a great RB will get exposed this year when he has another 3.5 YPC season and the Jags don't make the playoffs.

Considering your horrendous track record for predictions, Fournette might as well get fitted for a yellow jacket now. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Come on, man. There is no way Jax is not making the playoffs with that Defense, Fournette and those WRs. I love Kamara and think he is an all around better RB than Fournette. Still, Fournette is a damn good RB. Not the same kind of RB as Kamara, but still very good. U don't have to hate on Fournette, just because u prefer Kamara, give LF, his props, too.

Last edited:
Yep Jax returns everyone from that defense that had like 6 or 7 pro bowlers last year plus a lot of them are so young they’re still getting better

Also Adding new draftee DT Taven Bryan to a DL that already includes Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue, Malik Jackson, Dante Fowler and Marcell Dareus is just insane

Plus Telvin Smith and Myles Jack holding down the middle of the defense with Ramsey and Bouye at CB that is a crazy amount of talent

Also can’t forget 2017’s NFL defensive player of the year Calais Campbell also resides in Jax

Seriously Tom Coughin might get a super bowl with this defense him and Doug Marrone combined make for pretty great coaching and front office really all the pieces are in place

If Bortles can continue making less and less mistakes and let the talent around him work the Jags are absolutely making the playoffs in 2018 and 2019

Fournette and Yeldon are a great duo at RB

Donte Moncrief, Marquise Lee, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook at WR along with new draft pick DJ Chark who ran a 4.3 forty and brings serious size and speed to the outside

The jags are ****ing loaded if you can’t see that you’re blind. It’s also a very young team I think there’s a decent chance the Jags are even better in 2018 with all these young guys getting another year under their belt. Like Cam Robinson starting at LT as a rookie last year that couldn’t of been easy

In a division with Houston, Indy, and Tennessee the Jags are easily the favorites to win the AFC south again

Last edited:
Come on, man. There is no way Jax is not making the playoffs with that Defense, Fournette and those WRs. I love Kamara and think he is an all around better RB than Fournette. Still, Fournette is a damn good RB. Not the same kind of RB as Kamara, but still very good. U don't have to hate on Fournette, just because u prefer Kamara, give LF, his props, too.

You must not know how the NFL works. We see teams go from first to worst year in and year out. Just as we see teams go from worst to first. Just because the Jags were good last year doesn't mean they'll be good this year.

With regard to Fournette, I simply don't think he's is good. I simply watch the tape and don't see anything impressive about him. And I'm pretty more and more people will start to agree with me after he has a couple of more bad seasons statistically and fails to live up to that #4 pick. Don't be surprised when the Jags let him walk in 3 years rather than resigning him to that 5th year option like Sammy Watkins this past off-season.

Yep Jax returns everyone from that defense that had like 6 or 7 pro bowlers last year plus a lot of them are so young they’re still getting better

Also Adding new draftee DT Taven Bryan to a DL that already includes Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue, Malik Jackson, Dante Fowler and Marcell Dareus is just insane

Plus Telvin Smith and Myles Jack holding down the middle of the defense with Ramsey and Bouye at CB that is a crazy amount of talent

Also can’t forget 2017’s NFL defensive player of the year Calais Campbell also resides in Jax

Seriously Tom Coughin might get a super bowl with this defense him and Doug Marrone combined make for pretty great coaching and front office really all the pieces are in place

If Bortles can continue making less and less mistakes and let the talent around him work the Jags are absolutely making the playoffs in 2018 and 2019

Fournette and Yeldon are a great duo at RB

Donte Moncrief, Marquise Lee, Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook at WR along with new draft pick DJ Chark who ran a 4.3 forty and brings serious size and speed to the outside

The jags are ****ing loaded if you can’t see that you’re blind. It’s also a very young team I think there’s a decent chance the Jags are even better in 2018 with all these young guys getting another year under their belt. Like Cam Robinson starting at LT as a rookie last year that couldn’t of been easy

In a division with Houston, Indy, and Tennessee the Jags are easily the favorites to win the AFC south again

This isn't college football where teams stay good year in and year out. This is the NFL where there is a lot of turnover.

Remember last year at this time? Do you remember the 2 teams getting the most hype?

It was Dallas and Oakland. They were the trendy Super Bowl favorites. Both made the playoffs the year earlier. Dallas had their star rookies returning for their second season while Derek Carr was coming back from injury for Oakland.

If I said at this time last year that neither would make the playoffs, what would you have said?

[twitter]993945257703280640[/twitter]

So many of ya'll have been doubting whether Alvin can be a feature RB in the NFL. Well here is the chance for ya'll to be proven right or wrong.

I can't wait to hear your excuses when Alvin Kamara is one of the leading candidate for NFL MVP next year and has a 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season.

Alvin Kamara will only continue to prove me right. He's a future Hall of Famer like I predicted before he draft.

This is the one thing you may be right about. He was rated as the 2nd best back in the nfl by Pro Football Focus

This isn't college football where teams stay good year in and year out. This is the NFL where there is a lot of turnover.

Remember last year at this time? Do you remember the 2 teams getting the most hype?

It was Dallas and Oakland. They were the trendy Super Bowl favorites. Both made the playoffs the year earlier. Dallas had their star rookies returning for their second season while Derek Carr was coming back from injury for Oakland.

If I said at this time last year that neither would make the playoffs, what would you have said?
The raiders and cowboys didn’t have anywhere near the talent the jags do

Damn sure dont have the young studs jags do at every level on defense

Last edited:
You must not know how the NFL works. We see teams go from first to worst year in and year out. Just as we see teams go from worst to first. Just because the Jags were good last year doesn't mean they'll be good this year.

With regard to Fournette, I simply don't think he's is good. I simply watch the tape and don't see anything impressive about him. And I'm pretty more and more people will start to agree with me after he has a couple of more bad seasons statistically and fails to live up to that #4 pick. Don't be surprised when the Jags let him walk in 3 years rather than resigning him to that 5th year option like Sammy Watkins this past off-season.

I know exactly how the NFL works and the one constant is Defense wins championship. The Jags have a great defense and a workhorse RB, that's the formula for playoff teams since the the beginning of the NFL. I got $5 on it. The "it" being that the Jags make the playoffs, next year.

The jags are so young is the main reason I feel like they are locks for playoffs in 2018 and 19 and not the just the young guys but the vets too like Campbell and he’s a young but the swagger of Jalen Ramsey the way those 3 pro bowlers Campbell Ngakoue and Jackson all push each other along with now Taven Bryan? Lol wow and that’s forgetting Dareus and Fowler

Let’s see outta young guys

Jalen Ramsey - young beast mfer but got that leader intangible in him

Telvin smith - see Ramsey already a leader and still young as hell

Myles Jack - first year back from injury looked fantastic he made a ton of big plays got sacks got picks for touchdown or 2 he basically did it all what Myles was supposed to be coming out when he was lock to go top 5 before injury

Yannick Ngakoue - str8 up beast with Fowler young af too and cam up with 8 along with Yannick 21 sacks between starter and back BEAST

AJ Bouye- 18 passes defended after barely playing for Texans first 3 years of career

That’s that Coughlin genius to find a nobody and turn him into second team all pro first year in new system

All these guys still pretty young still learning except Calais Campbell and Malik Jackson

That’s why I look at em like the like next Seahawks kinda a good young core that will continue and be a great defense for I think 4-5 years honestly

Just got that much faith in Tom Coughlin in his drafting and the impact he had that team yr one

Last edited:

First of all I love watching Kamara play and want nothing but the best for him, but why try compare him to Fournette? They play in completely different systems, in organizations with different philosophies, at the same time AK has the advantage of playing with one of the great QB’s of all time, as well as one of the best offensive minded coaches of all time. There are only a handful of places where AK would have had comparable success to what he did last year and he basically won the lottery for best fit to an organization.I don’t want Kamara getting 70/75% of the carries. Why shorten his career? By the mid way point of the season it’s hard to keep weight up. He needs to be fresh and not get hit by Kuechley or Thomas Davis over 60 times through the course of a season. If I’m AK and thinking long term I seriously have my doubts about being in NOLA come next contract.

Fournette has never played with a good QB, much less a great one from the time he was at LSU until now. He does what he does with 8 or 9 stacked in the box every week since he was a freshman in college. And he still gets his yards. I would love to see what Fournette could do in Seattle,Green Bay or Carolina or the Rams maybe even the Raiders. I feel like Fournette has been cheated since college because the Jags are basically LSU 2.0, but with better coaching .

First of all I love watching Kamara play and want nothing but the best for him, but why try compare him to Fournette? They play in completely different systems, in organizations with different philosophies, at the same time AK has the advantage of playing with one of the great QB’s of all time, as well as one of the best offensive minded coaches of all time. There are only a handful of places where AK would have had comparable success to what he did last year and he basically won the lottery for best fit to an organization.I don’t want Kamara getting 70/75% of the carries. Why shorten his career? By the mid way point of the season it’s hard to keep weight up. He needs to be fresh and not get hit by Kuechley or Thomas Davis over 60 times through the course of a season. If I’m AK and thinking long term I seriously have my doubts about being in NOLA come next contract.

Fournette has never played with a good QB, much less a great one from the time he was at LSU until now. He does what he does with 8 or 9 stacked in the box every week since he was a freshman in college. And he still gets his yards. I would love to see what Fournette could do in Seattle,Green Bay or Carolina or the Rams maybe even the Raiders. I feel like Fournette has been cheated since college because the Jags are basically LSU 2.0, but with better coaching .

Fournette didn't have much more in HS either and 9 in the box was the norm then too.

But you make a great point about AK staying in NOLA after this rookie contract. May not be a good fit anymore with Brees closing in on retirement and who knows what big bell cow back they get to replace Ingram at some point.

Last season, AK found a rhythm splitting time with Ingram. Can he handle the load of being the feature back? I don't know at this point.

Well, after today's Top 100 players came out, 21 thru 30 and no Kamara. I have to assume AK is going to be voted a Top 20 player by his peers, because there is no way he is not a Top 100 player. Pretty damn impressive, especially for a rookie. My prediction: #6, just like his jersey number at UT.

:good!:

VN Store

Back