Now that uga has lost, (Prediction)

If Tua is not 100%, I think LSU clips Bama. LSU will arguably be Bama’s toughest game this year with a likely night game (CBS will flex that Saturday as long as UGA and UK have 2 losses or better).

I personally think Bama has no business playing Tua this week. But I do think there is an injury issue. His momma looked awfully upset leaving that tent. One play is all it takes to end Tua’s season. After all, how many times have we seen JG get rolled into a human pretzel this year only for him to pop right up?
tua's fine. he's been cleared, he's gonna play. i don't see Bama losing to anyone in the regular season. and they'll be favored against whoever htey play in the post season.

LSU just doesn't have the offense to keep pace with how Bama can score. i think this year's LSU team could have probably competed more favorably with a couple of Bama teams from the past few years.

not this one. as good as LSU's defense is, and i am interested to see how they match up against Bama's O....i still think it's a tall task to consistently stop them for 60 minutes. i'd say Bama is around a 13 pt favorite over LSU right now....wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit more.

LSU does have enough personnel on defense that if they can create some turnovers, that obviously changes things.

GA is ripe for another upset loss. Maybe to Florida. Should that happen no SEC championship game this year most likely and no CFP either. I think that is already out unless they could upset Bama but that ain’t happening....so the Dawg nation will be waiting yet another year without a NC....

tua's fine. he's been cleared, he's gonna play. i don't see Bama losing to anyone in the regular season. and they'll be favored against whoever htey play in the post season.

LSU just doesn't have the offense to keep pace with how Bama can score. i think this year's LSU team could have probably competed more favorably with a couple of Bama teams from the past few years.

not this one. as good as LSU's defense is, and i am interested to see how they match up against Bama's O....i still think it's a tall task to consistently stop them for 60 minutes. i'd say Bama is around a 13 pt favorite over LSU right now....wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit more.

LSU does have enough personnel on defense that if they can create some turnovers, that obviously changes things.

LSU's offense is prolly the best it has been since the Matt Flynn days. Burrow is the real deal.

Bama's defense has sorta been a roller coaster. As always, it comes down to the trenches. LSU definitely has the group to go toe to toe with Bama's defensive line. I think 13 is a tad high. I would have it at 9 or 10 points. LSU has to play a perfect game, but like I said, Tua has a lingering injury. Seems it keeps bothering every week.

LSU's offense is prolly the best it has been since the Matt Flynn days. Burrow is the real deal.

Bama's defense has sorta been a roller coaster. As always, it comes down to the trenches. LSU definitely has the group to go toe to toe with Bama's defensive line. I think 13 is a tad high. I would have it at 9 or 10 points. LSU has to play a perfect game, but like I said, Tua has a lingering injury. Seems it keeps bothering every week.
yeah, and i agree about LSU's offense. they "look" better. but in reality, it's not all that much more productive than some of the more recent offenses. they're not overly effective down the field, Burrow is not great on 3rd down and he struggles under pressure finding the right read.

he's made a couple a big runs, and he's been good for a couple big plays a game with his arm....he's been very timely with those type of plays....granted.

i'm just not sure that's enough to keep pace with Bama this year, that's scoring 40+/game.

I don't care if he plays for the Cuban National team. You're the one bent out of shape.
Check the original post......I was responding to someone that still hates the kid because he decided to go to GA. Wanting GA to lose is no big deal....but wanting him to lose because he went to GA is childish.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
If Tua is not 100%, I think LSU clips Bama. LSU will arguably be Bama’s toughest game this year with a likely night game (CBS will flex that Saturday as long as UGA and UK have 2 losses or better).

I personally think Bama has no business playing Tua this week. But I do think there is an injury issue. His momma looked awfully upset leaving that tent. One play is all it takes to end Tua’s season. After all, how many times have we seen JG get rolled into a human pretzel this year only for him to pop right up?

Agree, Hurts should be starting and playing the entire game, unless we make noise....

GA is ripe for another upset loss. Maybe to Florida. Should that happen no SEC championship game this year most likely and no CFP either. I think that is already out unless they could upset Bama but that ain’t happening....so the Dawg nation will be waiting yet another year without a NC....
I don't think any reasonable UGA fan was expecting a NC this year. Lost Chubb, Michel, and the majority of the front 7. The biggest variable was Jake Fromm. Was his success last year a product of Chubb and Michel or is he a legitimate QB who can do more than just be a game manager? If he was able to be more than just a game manager then the offense would've been able to rebound since UGA has a good set of receivers. However, he's struggled all year; holds onto the ball too long, missing deep balls, and taking bad sacks. That plus the youth on defense made UGA much worse this year. The soft schedule covered it up a bit, but that was only going to happen for so long. It'll be interesting to see how Kirby manages the QB situation at this point because if Fromm continues to struggle and he still refuses to switch, he'll lose the locker room and UGA will nosedive to end the year.

I don't think any reasonable UGA fan was expecting a NC this year. Lost Chubb, Michel, and the majority of the front 7. The biggest variable was Jake Fromm. Was his success last year a product of Chubb and Michel or is he a legitimate QB who can do more than just be a game manager? If he was able to be more than just a game manager then the offense would've been able to rebound since UGA has a good set of receivers. However, he's struggled all year; holds onto the ball too long, missing deep balls, and taking bad sacks. That plus the youth on defense made UGA much worse this year. The soft schedule covered it up a bit, but that was only going to happen for so long. It'll be interesting to see how Kirby manages the QB situation at this point because if Fromm continues to struggle and he still refuses to switch, he'll lose the locker room and UGA will nosedive to end the year.

Also, UGA is the youngest team in the SEC. I believe 68% FR and SO. If Fields takes the QB job going into next season they will be a tough out.

One can only hope.

Florida likes where this is going. I wouldnt say UF is underrated, but they can certainly hang with any team (except for Tua's Bama).

Uf doesn't need any media praise. Everyone seems to have erased the win against LSU from their memories.

Honestly most non delusional gators know we're definite underdogs going into the UGA game. Coming from a 4-7 season, we all circled UGA a loss. Now they feel they stand a chance, and Mullens rebuild seems to be ahead of schedule.

Media wants to put an asterisk next to UF wins mainly because of the UK loss. I think the UK loss helped a lot more than many think. The current UF team is not the same team that lost to UK. Media keeps saying when UF beat UT is bad , except now they beat Aubern. MSU is bad, except they beat Auburn. LSU was overrated, but now they beat UGA.

I don't buy the narrative that UGA had a tough loss and will come out with a chip on their shoulder and beat the best UF has to offer. Something is very dysfunctional in this UGA team. They just never looked like last year at any point this season.

I hope the media keeps pumping UGA up again and anoint them winners of the WLOCP before the first snap.

Florida likes where this is going. I wouldnt say UF is underrated, but they can certainly hang with any team (except for Tua's Bama).

Uf doesn't need any media praise. Everyone seems to have erased the win against LSU from their memories.

Honestly most non delusional gators know we're definite underdogs going into the UGA game. Coming from a 4-7 season, we all circled UGA a loss. Now they feel they stand a chance, and Mullens rebuild seems to be ahead of schedule.

Media wants to put an asterisk next to UF wins mainly because of the UK loss. I think the UK loss helped a lot more than many think. The current UF team is not the same team that lost to UK. Media keeps saying when UF beat UT is bad , except now they beat Aubern. MSU is bad, except they beat Auburn. LSU was overrated, but now they beat UGA.

I don't buy the narrative that UGA had a tough loss and will come out with a chip on their shoulder and beat the best UF has to offer. Something is very dysfunctional in this UGA team. They just never looked like last year at any point this season.

I hope the media keeps pumping UGA up again and anoint them winners of the WLOCP before the first snap.

I’m not sold on LSU. Coach O and LSU has a history of losing to teams they shouldn’t. That may be why some are downplaying the LSU win. I will agree that Georgia is not looking the part of a contender. I’ll be interested to see how the Florida V Georgia game goes. To be fair though Florida looked awful against Vandy and Kentucky. Kentucky is forgivable as it was earlier in the year and they’re a solid team. And aginst Vandy the gators did wake up in the second half. All in all it’s been a strange year.

Reactions: Gatornator

The chip on the shoulder narrative after a loss is an overused cliche, but there could be some truth behind it. What is interesting is that some teams have changes in their performance after a loss. LSU is one of them that typically does much better after the first loss and much worse if they have a second. Also I’ve read that teams are much more likely to lose after playing physical, downhill running teams like Bama. The guys on SECfans talk about that a lot in their channel. They’re typically pretty good predicting games using their yards per play model. lol they also had an episode about Fromm being overrated last year and UGA fans freaked out. Wonder how they feel about that now.

Agree, and think of the studs they lost as part of that 30+; Chubb and Michel on offense, Lorenzo Carter and Roquan Smith on defense, you don’t just plug and play after losing those dudes. And now they’ve got a QB controversy brewing as all the UGA fans have been programmed to believe that Fields is the next Cam Newton. He may well turn out to be great, but even Cam Newton wasn’t great at 18 years old. Another loss and that nutty fan base may be ready to run Kirby out of town.

Nutty fan base? I refer you to the TN coaching search.......

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Think LSU's found it's mojo after the loss, as did UF...and maybe UT. Think UGA's certainly very talented, but remember, they not only lost some contributors on the lines, but also 2 RB's who are now in the pros...potential vacuum of leadership. They looked a little dysfunctional, and think it could linger. IF UF brings their A game, they can beat UGA, just like I think UT can beat anyone not named Bama on the rest of our schedule if we play our best...but at this point, it's a big IF...we really have a one game sample at this point, but have something to keep building upon. 2019 could set up for quite a competition for SEC E.

Reactions: Gatornator

VN Store

Back