Not Impressed - Florida

“We always lose to Florida” is an exaggeration, but not by much. I have watched many games which Tennessee could have won, but didn't. Florida beat us how many years in a row -- a dozen? That is messed up, however peep want to say it.

It's not that Florida always beats UT, it's that UT always finds different ways to lose to Florida. I don't see this year as an exception, due to the Vols extremely poor Oline and Dline play.
Fear not the Vols will find a way.

1536489679024.gif

WTH hell are you talking about? I clearly said Kentucky. I am talking about Kentucky. You know I am talking about Kentucky right?

Your comment made it seem like you were referring to tennessee and how long we have sucked this is what the original post or comment was about and I was just stating we have lost some close ones in the last couple of years that we should have won..

If were going to win any SEC game it will have to be Florida, Kentucky, possibly Missouri at home. Of course we will need a lot of improvement between now and when we play Florida. I think that is possible saw some improvement today even if it was ETSU we were playing.

If were going to win any SEC game it will have to be Florida, Kentucky, possibly Missouri at home. Of course we will need a lot of improvement between now and when we play Florida. I think that is possible saw some improvement today even if it was ETSU we were playing.

I’m sorry but I’m going to Spears predict a W vs Vandy

It's not that Florida always beats UT, it's that UT always finds different ways to lose to Florida. I don't see this year as an exception, due to the Vols extremely poor Oline and Dline play.
Fear not the Vols will find a way.

View attachment 167495

Shame they disappointed you in 16. (Game before last)

Maybe they didappoint again this year.

Reactions: RavinDave
We should’ve beat Florida last season with the worst team in Tennessee history that had the worst coaching staff for one season in Tennessee history. Same goes for Kentucky and South Carolina.

This staff is full of top SEC caliber 10 times better coaches. We’re still fully healthy minus one OL. Don’t throw the towel in yet....waving the white flag in the air.....damn y’all.... just saying.

Kentucky will do no better than 7-5 this season. I think they still lose to Miss State,South Carolina,Texas A&M,Georgia and Tennessee
Yep, but I remember back in 1993 when Kentucky almost had them a week before they played us. They put in a Freshman QB who some may remember. He threw the winning TD pass and beat the Heath Shuler led Vols the next week and the Manning led Vols the next 3 years. He capped off his career with the Heisman and a NC. We have made a habit of helping them find their best QB.

If KY's DBs could catch the football the game would've been a route. If Franks is the best Mullen's got then the gators may be SECEast cellar-dwellers this year.

Reactions: LittleCat
If KY's DBs could catch the football the game would've been a route. If Franks is the best Mullen's got then the gators may be SECEast cellar-dwellers this year.

I agree with you......I just hope we can improve enough that we're not chilling in the cellar with them playing Jax or tiddlee-winx.

No I dont. Its just my opinions. You can call it whining all you want. I personally could care less. But trying to think how a person responds on an internet message board is a reflection of real life is just astronomically dumb.

In reality, posting anonymously usually shows the real person when all the social interaction filters are turned off.

We can't run like like UK is. Snell is a beast tonight. But feel more confident now watching them. We are still bad though. OL needs find it

Two more weeks of practice with the new starting 5 with another scrimmage thrown in will help immensely. Ryan Johnson will get better at calling the blocking schemes in game. Remember, both QBs had more time to go deep. It was against ETSU, but last year even the cupcakes were in their faces.

Have you not noticed that the OL has adjusted and gotten better as the game goes along in each game thus far?
Excellent point. Also, they had a new center and guard combo out there as well. Johnson is going to be good and Carvin is go ok ng to be a beast.

Reactions: butchna
Your comment made it seem like you were referring to tennessee and how long we have sucked this is what the original post or comment was about and I was just stating we have lost some close ones in the last couple of years that we should have won..
No it didn't. I said Kentucky in the 1st sentence and this thread is about Kentucky vs Florida. I think you were just looking for reason to jump at somebody.

The OL struggling against WV is one thing. Struggling against ETSU is just horrid. It should never happen. I am happy for the win but to look at this game and have zero concern going forward, is a little crazy. We can overcome this against cupcakes. But do you thnk the OL can struggle against SEC teams like that and still win? I guess it remains to be seen.
I think they can learn to work as a unit in these two scrimmages and become a dominating line, yes. They have had really bad coaching since most of them have been here. They are making adjustments in game. We had over 400 yards offense against a cupcake, something we struggled with for awhile. You are right, time will tell.

One thing to remember, there were those who that predicted a close game or even a loss to ETSU on this board last week. Are any of them on this thread?

Yep, but I remember back in 1993 when Kentucky almost had them a week before they played us. They put in a Freshman QB who some may remember. He threw the winning TD pass and beat the Heath Shuler led Vols the next week and the Manning led Vols the next 3 years. He capped off his career with the Heisman and a NC. We have made a habit of helping them find their best QB.
This Florida team isn't in the same universe as the 1993 Florida team. I think the 2018 Florida team will probably only win 6 games from the look of things.

VN Store

Back