Non-Lady Vol Game discussion

Reactions: 7 people
I didn't know White was in both games? Not sure what you refer to. Help?

I think he means involved with the WNBA and college game at the same time. In White's case, she may not have been playing, but she was named HC of Vandy while she was still coaching the Indiana Fever.

Reactions: 1 person
What did Arike say?

When I said Ogunbowale tweet I was referring to them talking about Arike. No it wasn’t a direct tweet at her but the timing of the schools released... UConn had just been to visit with her... and then she had not included them was what I was referring too. The karma I referred. Well if ya watched the NCAA tourney this year you already know 😎

Ohio State looking for an assistant basketball coach!!!

I wonder if Daddy Mitchell is no longer needed since Kelsey Mitchell turned Professional?? 😈

total trivia 1997 memory :
I completed a mystery book this evening after several starts and stops. And I looked at the book-mark I had used: The ticket cover for the 1997 final four held in Cincinnati. One of five I attended.
for those of us who remain solid fans even after the team had 10 losses ; beat UConn 30-0 to get to the final 4 it was an extraordinary fifth championship. And there were only two refs during that time and Jolly and the famous Old Dominion point guard each had a double-doubles in assists and turnovers. A very rough scrum.

And the last speeding ticket I received coming off one of the hills near London in my old BMW.

Ohio State looking for an assistant basketball coach!!!

I wonder if Daddy Mitchell is no longer needed since Kelsey Mitchell turned Professional?? 😈

Did we ever find out if it was Daddy Mitchell ?

I also wonder if her twin ends up not playing and takes a medical waiver but still on scholarship to not count against them?

Reactions: 2 people
Chattanooga Coach Foster announced his retirement. Prior to was fired at Ohio State for not being able to "recruit" Note: PRG'S posting above with a smile.

it was interesting that Chattanooga hired Foster rather than a young and upcoming coach/ assistant coach. And the decision was a good one. Will be interesting to watch.

Natalie Chou 6’1” Sophomore from Baylor is transferring to UCLA! Wonder why since they have the #1 recruiting class next year? 🤔

Has Wcbb finally caught up to Uconn?

I don't think any program as caught up with the Huskies but ND isn't as far behind as some think. UT and UConn were very even in my eyes with a slight edge the Huskies until 2008. UConn took off as UT started to fade slightly. They won 6 titles with 4 undefeated seasons in 8 years with the other 2 ending with ND losses in the FF.

I assumed UConn would fall back slightly after Stewart and company left but they made it back to the FF and it took an epic performance from MSU to stop that streak in OT. ND also won a FF OT game again this year to keep the Huskies out of the title game again yet it was their only loss again.

ND has demonstrated enough times since 2011 they can defeat the Huskies and aren't intimidated by them. UConn still has the best coaches and gets many of the top players who fit their system. I honestly don't see that changing until Geno retires. I don't know if UConn will ever pull off another 111 game winning streak and 6 NCs in 8 years again but maybe a few cracks in the armor are showing. Still, I wouldn't count out the Huskies to win the title again in 2019.

WCBB : "Coaching" is finally catching up to Geno

I think more talent rather than coaching. Muffett has always been on par with Geno as well as maybe Schaffer and even Blair at TXAM as examples. Of course Geno is still on top right now but the talent pool is spreading to other teams.

I dont mean this to be a knock against the legacy. But the big UCONN win streaks would mean a little more if they played in a better conference. Not their fault i know. But i would love to see them in the ACC or BIG 10. Heck join West Virginia in the BIG 12. Just get out of the high school ranks.

I dont mean this to be a knock against the legacy. But the big UCONN win streaks would mean a little more if they played in a better conference. Not their fault i know. But i would love to see them in the ACC or BIG 10. Heck join West Virginia in the BIG 12. Just get out of the high school ranks.

Gino just does it backwards from where we do it we start off with the cream puff schedule and then go into our regular season with the SEC running and then go into the playoffs either with a head of steam, or crippled.

I agree Gino is in a weak conference and I can understand how the reverse process of competition early and then the easy schedule late would help you to find Team going into the playoffs. few years go by and people only look at the records they're not going to think about the conference in the way it was set up all they're going to see his the record just like back when John Wooden ran his table nobody talks about who he played during his championship runs all they talk about is the record

Gino just does it backwards from where we do it we start off with the cream puff schedule and then go into our regular season with the SEC running and then go into the playoffs either with a head of steam, or crippled.

I agree Gino is in a weak conference and I can understand how the reverse process of competition early and then the easy schedule late would help you to find Team going into the playoffs. few years go by and people only look at the records they're not going to think about the conference in the way it was set up all they're going to see his the record just like back when John Wooden ran his table nobody talks about who he played during his championship runs all they talk about is the record

Stewart's team could play in the SEC and run roughshed over them. They we're beating SC and MSST by 20+ points. They weren't about to lose to SEC scrubs like Alabama. The only teams that had a chance to touch them were the top team from each P5 conference, and more often than not, that game was a rout as well. They lost 1 game in 3 years and played all the top dogs.

Stewart's team could play in the SEC and run roughshed over them. They we're beating SC and MSST by 20+ points. They weren't about to lose to SEC scrubs like Alabama. The only teams that had a chance to touch them were the top team from each P5 conference, and more often than not, that game was a rout as well. They lost 1 game in 3 years and played all the top dogs.

I agree the conference opponents for UConn aren't the strongest. I also agree UConn played most of the top programs since that time out of conference. UConn not only beat these top teams but wasn't really challenged by any of them besides ND. Their streak is quite impressive.

And if you looked at how they placed most of their tougher games last year on the schedule they had time to prepare and rest players in between the cupcakes they played.

VN Store

Back