Non-Lady Vol Game discussion

If ND can win a NC with a 6 person rotation ... Geno isn't worried. In fact, like ND, their offense looks much better when they don't clog up the paint.

And UConn usually plays with a 6 man rotation in tough games. Next year there may not be anyone taller than Collier

If ND can win a NC with a 6 person rotation ... Geno isn't worried. In fact, like ND, their offense looks much better when they don't clog up the paint.

UConn returns three starters including their top two scorers and have what may be Maya Moore 2.0 coming in. They're still the team to beat....

UConn returns three starters including their top two scorers and have what may be Maya Moore 2.0 coming in. They're still the team to beat....

Let’s get this clear Williams is good but not Maya Moore 2.0 she was a HOUND and hustler.. Williams may become that but Maya was special ... Tamika Catchings special.

You think TX will be a top team but didn’t a TN team beat them after losing more upperclassmen. They had like 10 (9 Joyner Holmes didn’t play) all Americans to TN 6 both had good amount of talent Texas had more So my question would be who has underachieved more Holly or Karen Aston. Are there charters of her being replaced due to her not being able to take over Baylor? I’m not a memeber of any other board but I always wonder what people think about her and Joanne P. Mcallie at Duke (side note she makes 925,000 mil per year for what she has/hasnt done).

Reactions: 1 person
Let’s get this clear Williams is good but not Maya Moore 2.0 she was a HOUND and hustler.. Williams may become that but Maya was special ... Tamika Catchings special.

You think TX will be a top team but didn’t a TN team beat them after losing more upperclassmen. They had like 10 (9 Joyner Holmes didn’t play) all Americans to TN 6 both had good amount of talent Texas had more So my question would be who has underachieved more Holly or Karen Aston. Are there charters of her being replaced due to her not being able to take over Baylor? I’m not a memeber of any other board but I always wonder what people think about her and Joanne P. Mcallie at Duke (side note she makes 925,000 mil per year for what she has/hasnt done).

As much as Tennessee has underachieved, they still present matchup problems. Texas struggled against the size of Russell and the versatility of Nared. Neither of Texas' inside players could guard them, and fouls mounted up. It was the same against Baylor x3. They get exposed against teams with dominant size. Next year, she should address her size and post depth deficits, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I think if Kelsey Lang didn't get injured last year and was at full strength for the postseason, Texas would have had much different tournament results. She may not have been their most talented player, but was certainly the most important.

I agree that it's unlikely that Williams will be Maya 2.0..at least off the bat. If UConn schedules their usual Murderer's Row OOC schedule, I fully expect to enjoy watching them.lose a few times before the AAC cupcakes are brought in for the slaughter.

As much as Tennessee has underachieved, they still present matchup problems. Texas struggled against the size of Russell and the versatility of Nared. Neither of Texas' inside players could guard them, and fouls mounted up. It was the same against Baylor x3. They get exposed against teams with dominant size. Next year, she should address her size and post depth deficits, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I think if Kelsey Lang didn't get injured last year and was at full strength for the postseason, Texas would have had much different tournament results. She may not have been their most talented player, but was certainly the most important.

I agree that it's unlikely that Williams will be Maya 2.0..at least off the bat. If UConn schedules their usual Murderer's Row OOC schedule, I fully expect to enjoy watching them.lose a few times before the AAC cupcakes are brought in for the slaughter.

Agreed, also with the departure of Z Stevens, UCONN's frontline will be woeful compared to others (Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame). UCONN will rely heavily on KLS and Collier and Dangerfield. UCONN may not be the team to beat next year. However, Christyn Williams looks like a legitimate top player, so who knows?

Agreed, also with the departure of Z Stevens, UCONN's frontline will be woeful compared to others (Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame).

They have two experienced All-Americans returning in the frontcourt and the top ranked post player coming in. You can argue other frontlines may be better, but "woeful" might be a slight exaggeration...

Well UConn has a legit top 3. If Walker has the sophmore jump make it 4. That's really good by most standards but it will be an uphill fight all next season, IMO other than, as Amb points out, the AAC schedule. Any contribution by the new kids and the KY transfer will be a bonus.

The pound-it-in-low tunnel vision works only when the other teams could not put up the road blocks.

The pound-it-in-low tunnel vision works only when the other teams could not put up the road blocks.

Which Texas could not. Jatarie White is a nice player, but she can't guard Russell 1-on-1. Given Texas' lack of post depth and the fact that they couldn't guard her without fouling, going inside everytime down the floor was the way to go...but you can't try that against MSST with McCowan down there or vs. UConn where Williams can intercept the entry pass all day.

I think Mickie DeMoss is going to be more involved with Pat's foundation. She has been asked to sit on the board.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back