Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I may break my record of never watching a WNBA game this year….might.
Me too. I watched more partial games than ever last year, mostly watching Jordan Horston. That made me appreciate a few other random players I really liked to watch - Naphresa Collier, Jackie Young, Jewel Lloyd and Shikera Austin. I guess that's how it starts. More watching individuals than teams for me.

But I didn't like or enjoy either superteam - the Aces and the Liberty. Barely watched their playoff series.

Reactions: travis929
I’m only worried about their depth but wow big 10 favorite
I don’t have much doubt they will be the prohibitive favorite…they have some players about to explode on the scene, several are bigs. It looks like their time has arrived.

I think UCLA will be superior to SoCal next season obviously…

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFuture
@Rooster1 hey Rooster, Kiki from Stanford is taking a visit to SC this weekend. IF she wants to join the team do you think Dawn takes her? She's a great player no doubt but there's only so many minutes to go around at her position plus Joyce will be on the team next season. What are your thoughts?

@Rooster1 hey Rooster, Kiki from Stanford is taking a visit to SC this weekend. IF she wants to join the team do you think Dawn takes her? She's a great player no doubt but there's only so many minutes to go around at her position plus Joyce will be on the team next season. What are your thoughts?
I just posted this on another thread…

“I’m in the camp of SC fans that actually hopes KiKi finds another home. SC has players that have put in long dues for their time to shine and you just cannot recruit over them and expect team chemistry to be good. Kiki is amazing, just want her to find another home. Feagin, Watkins, Kitts and Edwards are enough for our frontcourt and they all deserve their PT and time now to shine and develop. I hope that doesn’t sound arrogant, I’m just saying SC does not need to do this and risk upsetting a good thing. I’m on record as stating I think Feagin could be All SEC if given the PT she has worked 3 years for already.”

If you have not gathered already, I believe Feagin is a star waiting to get PT. She put in three patient years to get to this point, you cannot recruit over her in her senior season after that commitment to the team.

“I’m in the camp of SC fans that actually hopes KiKi finds another home. SC has players that have put in long dues for their time to shine and you just cannot recruit over them and expect team chemistry to be good. Kiki is amazing, just want her to find another home. Feagin, Watkins, Kitts and Edwards are enough for our frontcourt and they all deserve their PT and time now to shine and develop. I hope that doesn’t sound arrogant, I’m just saying SC does not need to do this and risk upsetting a good thing. I’m on record as stating I think Feagin could be All SEC if given the PT she has worked 3 years for already.”

If you have not gathered already, I believe Feagin is a star waiting to get PT. She put in three patient years to get to this point, you cannot recruit over her in her senior season after that commitment to the team.
I'm in agreement with you. Feagan could start at the 5 & Watkins at the 4 spot or vice versa. I'm thinking Dawn is just being courteous & not really thinking about adding her but who knows. Feagan, Watkins, Kitts & Edwards are more than enough. Plus Tac. SC is just stacked (a great problem to have) & doesn't need any portal players this year.

Reactions: VolFuture

Whatever happens it better happen fast or we’ll get another Talaysia situation where players think they are safe and then get recruited over after the May 1st deadline :/

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back