Nico's approach to NIL

Volador, quantify Nico’s impact on ticket sales just by him choosing Tennessee.

He already has earned something.

That’s a bit of a shallow view you have there.
Why would you impugn another person's point of view LittleVol? You are free to agree or disagree w anyone's point of view, but to call me out for something that I believe in is certainly not conducive to a friendly site where fellow Volunteers come to share their feelings and express their thoughts. And when I say earned it, how many yards passing has Nico accumulated at UT? How many TDs has he thrown for and rushed for? How many come from behind wins has he orchestrated? How man SEC East championships under his belt?

That is my definition of "earning" it. Yours is based on ticket sales - which is your right to have that opinion and hope nobody on this site calls you out and says your opinion is shallow.

So what? When we all went to college we could go to a different college anywhere anytime, as many times as we wanted. Why should a student playing a sport be any different? The reality is we have all way overvalued the meaning of college sports to our personal daily lives.
#1. This is an absurd comparison. We were never professional athletes being paid millions to play for our university.

#2. I never argued players shouldn't be allowed to go to a different school. My point was that if we're going to have free agency, it should be approached like free agency. It's inconceivable that this amount of money is being thrown around with no checks and balances. Or better yet, we should let players build and monetize their audience, which is the spirit of NIL in the first place.

#3. As for your last point, I'm not sure how to respond. Nor do I understand the relevance to this conversation.

VN Store

Back